GDT: St Louis Blues vs NJ Devils - 7:00 2/10

Blues hockey is BACK! I swear there's been off seasons that have seemed shorter than this break.

One of these teams has 26 wins. One of these teams has 26 losses.

Expected line-up:

Schenn-O'Reilly-Buchnevich
Kyrou-Thomas-Tarasenko
Saad-Barbashev-Perron
Kostin-Bozak-Sundqvist

Mikkola-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo

Binnington (starter)
Husso

Lets hope the break got Binnington right.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs NJ Devils - 7:00 2/10

Tonight's foe

The Devils' projected lineup:

Yegor Sharangovich-Nico Hischier-Jesper Bratt
Jesper Boqvist-Pavel Zacha-Jimmy Vesey
Andreas Johnsson-Dawson Mercer-Tomas Tatar
Mason Geertsen-Michael McLeod-Nathan Bastian

Jonas Siegenthaler-Damon Severson
Ty Smith-P.K. Subban
Colton White-Ryan Graves

Jon Gillies will start in goal; Nico Daws will be the backup.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:49 pm
Robb_K wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 pm Somehow, I don't believe that Husso would have given up 5 goals in this game.
But Schenn driving and taking Buchnevich's great backhand pass, gets that one right back on the 6 on 5!!!!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
Glenn Hall in his prime would have given up 5 with these lazy fucks playing in front of him. Bag-skate tomorrow

Does this mean Binnginton is as good as Hall in his prime?

The Blues shouldn't be losing games to weak teams like this, especially at home, and after taking a lead into The 3rd Period, and after a long break. They came out flat. But, a hot Husso, and an energetic Blues team could have won them the 2 points, anyway. If I were Berube, I would play Husso 2 games out of 3 until we see an obvious improvement in Binnington's play. I'd still be working on picking up a difference-making #2 or 3 LD in trade if I were Armstrong. Maybe this poor showing after their long layoff will spur them on to play with more determination to win, and start them on a new winning streak.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:39 pm Somehow, I don't believe that Husso would have given up 5 goals in this game.
But Schenn driving and taking Buchnevich's great backhand pass, gets that one right back on the 6 on 5!!!!! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
Glenn Hall in his prime would have given up 5 with these lazy fucks playing in front of him. Bag-skate tomorrow
They don't want to play in front of him.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:51 pm

He's one fucking guy... he ain't the reason the Blues lost this game. The team in front of him got out-worked and out-hustled and let the Devils embarrass them in their own barn.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:59 pm

He's one fucking guy... he ain't the reason the Blues lost this game. The team in front of him got out-worked and out-hustled and let the Devils embarrass them in their own barn.
I agree. It’s certainly never good when the team and the goalie aren’t on their game. But you’d like your goalie to steal games like this when the offense still puts up 4.

Not hanging it all on him as it was an embarrassing performance but while this was a bad night for the team, it was a continuous of a bad run for JB

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:06 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:59 pm

I agree. It’s certainly never good when the team and the goalie aren’t on their game. But you’d like your goalie to steal games like this when the offense still puts up 4.

Not hanging it all on him as it was an embarrassing performance but while this was a bad night for the team, it was a continuous of a bad run for JB
The trend with this team is that there too many games where the goalies (whichever one) is expected to steal games. There's too much talent on this to be squeaking by like they do. The Blues have the talent to squash a team like the Devils like a bug... there's no excuse or sugar-coating a shitty performance like this one, and it's not at all fair to point the finger at any one player.... team-wise, this was a complete turd of a game.