Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:20 am Per Friedman, Tarasenko most likely heading to Islanders or Jersey.
Interestingly I'm not sure the trade bonanza this weekend impacts Tarasenko's trade value that much. Defensemen on bad contracts were getting traded for high prices, but the only wingers of not that got traded (Voracek and Atkinson) got traded for each other. Is Armstrong looking for picks/prospects or do we get a hockey deal? I'm prepared to be blown away or very disappointed in the return. Wide range of outcomes on the table.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Something tells me we wind up with Saad, Bozak as UFA and that's an offseason.
I think Army sticks with Tarasenko this year and either trades him at the deadline or offseason next year after he shows the league he can still kinda go.

Saad OReilly Perron
Buchnevich Schenn Tarasenko
Sanford Thomas Kyrou
Barbashev Bozak Sundqvist

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

There's your 21-22 opening night lineup.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:51 pm Something tells me we wind up with Saad, Bozak as UFA and that's an offseason.
I think Army sticks with Tarasenko this year and either trades him at the deadline or offseason next year after he shows the league he can still kinda go.

Saad OReilly Perron
Sanford Thomas Kyrou

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

I'd hope to see Kostin instead of Sanford.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:12 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:51 pm Something tells me we wind up with Saad, Bozak as UFA and that's an offseason.

Saad OReilly Perron
Sanford Thomas Kyrou

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

I knew I was forgetting someone. Yeah Kostin in Sanford bench.

ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:40 pm

Saad OReilly Perron
Sanford Thomas Kyrou

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

Both on the first line for me
Just a Russian propaganda account

ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Saad OReilly Perron
Sanford Thomas Kyrou

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

Sign Saad, keep Sanford, is Kostin really going to play? Seems like an annual thing where he gets shit on.

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:25 pm
ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 pm
Sign Saad, keep Sanford, is Kostin really going to play? Seems like an annual thing where he gets shit on.
Two years ago Kostin wasn’t quite ready. Last year was goofy and he didn’t get over until the end of the season and looked tired. I think Berube will come to like him he’s got physicality and isn’t an embarrassment away from the puck. I think he will be fine.

Saad OReilly Perron
Sanford Thomas Kyrou

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

This team really lacks size and physicality. It's troubling and sure isn't going to match up with Berube's style of coaching.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:43 am

Saad OReilly Perron
Sanford Thomas Kyrou

Krug Faulk
Scandella Parayko
Mikkola Perunovich

Binnington
Husso

This team really lacks size and physicality. It's troubling and sure isn't going to match up with Berube's style of coaching.
Nick Foligno? Not the player he once was but still could be serviceable and cheap. Looks like he still averaged 2.5 hits per game last year. I’d still like to get David Savard on D and beef it up.

But I agree, the Cup recipe we had isn’t there now. Army needs a few more magic tricks.