Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:28 am People are disgusted with Reaves over this. I watched the video and thought...its a roughing at best.

Yeah, I was watching this and I’m waiting for something horrific and then the clip was over. And I’m like did I miss something? This was nothing.

BillP. wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:50 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:28 am People are disgusted with Reaves over this. I watched the video and thought...its a roughing at best.

Yeah, I was watching this and I’m waiting for something horrific and then the clip was over. And I’m like did I miss something? This was nothing.
Just watch the 48 second clip I posted. It’s clear intent to injure a player. He’s using his knee to drive a players head into the ice. Not the craziest thing I’ve seen, but certainly not nothing. You can’t target a players head like that, especially one that’s already down and unable to defend himself.
Just a Russian propaganda account

That game was very enjoyable to watch. I predicted the avs would trounce vegas, and was challenged on that. Was clearly correct. I don’t believe i’ve ever seen a 9-minute power play - that was crazy. I still can’t believe they only scored once. I was hoping they’d go all in and run up 15 on them. So, how did that order of operations work on the penalties? Like, shouldn’t they still have been on the PP? Or is it the mandatory long one first, then the other two? Was a little confusing. McK may be the best overall player in hockey and it’s not close. When Gretzky scored 96, Coffey was at what, 88? It was pretty close. Who is the closest to McK? It’s a pretty far gap before the next guy, numbers-wise.

That Reaves play reminded me of something, can’t quite place it…. Regardless, he was clearly being pushed onto Graves, but took the opportunity to use that to make it hurt a little more. We all know reaves isn’t “that guy” to just try to murder someone, he’s old school warrior with respect. At least he was. So this just seemed like shit escalated, partly beyond his control. Yes, it looked bad, but that’s not exactly what happened.

Was reading Down Goes Brown's piece about the Leafs-Habs game 7 tonight, where he dropped this nugget:
Way back in 1963, they won the Stanley Cup by beating the Red Wings in five games. Since that night, almost six decades ago, they’ve won just one seven-game series in fewer than six games. One!
That is insane. I wonder how it goes wrong tonight!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 am Was reading Down Goes Brown's piece about the Leafs-Habs game 7 tonight, where he dropped this nugget:
Way back in 1963, they won the Stanley Cup by beating the Red Wings in five games. Since that night, almost six decades ago, they’ve won just one seven-game series in fewer than six games. One!
That is insane. I wonder how it goes wrong tonight!
God. I hope they lose. Love watching Toronto media implode.