Re: League Watch 2020

barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 am

What about Iran? Italy?
Very real but that’s not going to happen here...yet the fear is being created.
I would submit that it's too early to say where this will end up, but we all have our opinions. Personally, as someone who is in the danger zone in terms of being over 70, with a breathing problem, I appreciate hearing as much information as possible. I'll decide what I think is relevant, but I want to hear it all. jmo.
Barn you would definitely fall into that dangerous area based on age but I also know you are adhering to all the precautions. Definitely do what’s best for you during this time.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Scruffy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:01 pm This is wild.

If the remainder of the regular season is canceled, how would the NHL qualify playoff teams (assuming the playoffs would still be held in a month or so)?

Would they go by points percentage, since not all teams have played an equal amount of games?
I think they're going to want to play as many games as possible. I'd imagine their first choice would be to delay the end of the regular season rather than wipe it away. Maybe they don't get to 82, but teams need as much gate revenue as possible. Remember that the revenue numbers tie into the salary cap next year, so it benefits both the teams AND players to play more regular season games. Maybe that's not feasible, but that'd be the ideal outcome for the league and players. Surely this will impact the draft, free agency and whatnot, so everything is going to be up in the air.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:08 pm
barnburner wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:47 am
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am

Very real but that’s not going to happen here...yet the fear is being created.
I would submit that it's too early to say where this will end up, but we all have our opinions. Personally, as someone who is in the danger zone in terms of being over 70, with a breathing problem, I appreciate hearing as much information as possible. I'll decide what I think is relevant, but I want to hear it all. jmo.
Barn you would definitely fall into that dangerous area based on age but I also know you are adhering to all the precautions. Definitely do what’s best for you during this time.
Actually, for me, my breathing difficulties worry me more than age, since the virus is said to inflict Pneumonia in those cases. I've already had one very long bout with pneumonia, that come close to winning. Once was enough. Yeah, I'm definitely, as much as is reasonable, following all the guidelines. I want to stick around for at least four more Cup celebrations. 😄

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 am Believing that there is a “cover-up” and that it’s man made and all of this stuff, with no evidence to support it, is conspiracy theorizing—and it’s dumb to do. It’s especially dumb to do during a pandemic because it can hurt the serious work of the people trying to stop it, as it makes the public take the disease less seriously.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02 ... oronavirus

Novel viruses happen. We had a less-severe novel coronavirus a few years back, MERS-CoV. This one is just obviously really bad in comparison.
There already was a cover up. The Chinese gov't tried to cover up the severity of the virus for one whole month which would have given the world a lot more of a heads up on containing this.

MattyIce is right. I barely trust the US gov't on most things. I sure as hell don't trust the Chinese gov't on this.

The season is dead. Time to go golfing or do whatever.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 am... In personal news I might have to stay here in Manila for one more month. They just locked down the whole metro area until April 15th. International flights haven't been suspended... yet. Even if I do get out it will be iffy If I actually get home any time soon.
So what's the weather like in Manila this time of year?

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 am... In personal news I might have to stay here in Manila for one more month. They just locked down the whole metro area until April 15th. International flights haven't been suspended... yet. Even if I do get out it will be iffy If I actually get home any time soon.
LOL. It's getting a little hot now.

People are bloody nervous and I don't blame them. China casts a very big shadow here.

The government announcement today really didn't help things a lot. Lots of confusion and a lot of panic buying going on now.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:58 pm

People are bloody nervous and I don't blame them. China casts a very big shadow here.

The government announcement today really didn't help things a lot. Lots of confusion and a lot of panic buying going on now.
Glad to hear the years of U.S. influence are coming to the forefront of public behavior there.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Glad to hear the years of U.S. influence are coming to the forefront of public behavior there.
Oh man. You would not believe how much of a consumer driven culture it is in Asia now. There are mega-malls all over the place and they are almost always packed with customers.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:45 pm So whatcha guys want to talk about now?
Kennedy assassination
9/11
The Mandela Effect....was it Berenstein bears or Berenstain bears?
Does Tom Hanks really have Coronavirus?
So many things we could talk about
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:45 pm So whatcha guys want to talk about now?
Kennedy assassination
9/11
The Mandela Effect....was it Berenstein bears or Berenstain bears?
Does Tom Hanks really have Coronavirus?
So many things we could talk about
Berenstain Bears were so much better before they sold out.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Oh man. You would not believe how much of a consumer driven culture it is in Asia now. There are mega-malls all over the place and they are almost always packed with customers.
Starting to think the SK in "BluesSK" doesn't stand for Saskatchewan.