Re: GDT: Wild vs Blues 3/14 - 7:00 CT / 8:00 ET

HockeyFan85 wrote:
BluesSK wrote:S-T-L line might be sitting on the bench in the third with the way they've been playing.
Call me crazy but I actually like the attempt at creativity.

Let the skilled players play with skill.

Keep the "simple stuff" to the 3rd/4th line.
Trying to make tick tac toe passes only plays right into the wilds hands They live off that stuff
Get low shoots on goal and force him to give up rebounds.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
BluesSK wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:We are our own worst enemy.......jesus christ stop with the fancy bullshit and just put it on net on their tired ass.
They could have 40 shots on goal already and a couple of those would have probably went in.

Coaching staff must be livid.
In their defense they have 31 shots and the second period isn't even over.
In this case, stats don't mean much. Most of those were no threat all.
Got to drive the net, and force rebounds to beat this guy.
This one and done, we could have 80 sog and still not score.
Hope Hitch rips them a new one between periods

barnburner wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote: In their defense they have 31 shots and the second period isn't even over.
In this case, stats don't mean much. Most of those were no threat all.
Got to drive the net, and force rebounds to beat this guy.
This one and done, we could have 80 sog and still not score.
Hope Hitch rips them a new one between periods
Fair enough. Dirty goals are typically the name of the game in the playoffs.

barnburner wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Dubnyk is on his game but he hasn't had to make many tough saves. Gotta put em away in the third, they should be up going into the third but got too fancy at times.
Hitch should tell Tarasenko "If I see one more drop pass, I'm pulling your green card!"
I get playing the system, but as soon as Tarasenko stops trying to be Tarasenko he's going to be a lot less effective.

The biggest concern I have with Hitch coaching him is that he stifles the things that make him great.

barnburner wrote:
ratonmono wrote:Dubnyk is on his game but he hasn't had to make many tough saves. Gotta put em away in the third, they should be up going into the third but got too fancy at times.
Hitch should tell Tarasenko "If I see one more drop pass, I'm pulling your green card!"
:lol: Yeah the STL line has been very average tonight, so has the 4th. Stastny and Backes' lines are carrying things. I think Steener's gonna pot one tonight.

ratonmono wrote:
barnburner wrote:
:lol: Yeah the STL line has been very average tonight, so has the 4th. Stastny and Backes' lines are carrying things. I think Steener's gonna pot one tonight.
Disagree about them looking average.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
barnburner wrote:
I get playing the system, but as soon as Tarasenko stops trying to be Tarasenko he's going to be a lot less effective.

The biggest concern I have with Hitch coaching him is that he stifles the things that make him great.
He has to learn to pick his spots, so it works within the system. He should talk to Oshie. It wasn't until he learned that lesson that his talent really became as productive as it should have been much sooner.