Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:24 pm The fact that we are halfway through the season and the Bruins have lost just 5 times in regulation isn't getting talked about enough. Jimmy Monty is working absolute magic. They lead the Flyers 4-0 right now
A week later and they still have just 5 losses. 37-5-4. They have 29 more points than the Blues and 12 more than any other team in hockey. I have no idea who beats them in the playoffs.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:24 pm The fact that we are halfway through the season and the Bruins have lost just 5 times in regulation isn't getting talked about enough. Jimmy Monty is working absolute magic. They lead the Flyers 4-0 right now
A week later and they still have just 5 losses. 37-5-4. They have 29 more points than the Blues and 12 more than any other team in hockey. I have no idea who beats them in the playoffs.

It’s crazy stuff because them and the Caps were candidates to drop out of the playoffs this year. This has to be the Bruins last big hurrah with this core and they’re doing it with a vengeance. It’ll be a massive let down to the organization, players and fans if they don’t win the Cup this year.

BillP wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:11 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 am

It’s crazy stuff because them and the Caps were candidates to drop out of the playoffs this year. This has to be the Bruins last big hurrah with this core and they’re doing it with a vengeance. It’ll be a massive let down to the organization, players and fans if they don’t win the Cup this year.
I think we can see it both with the Blues and the Bruins the impact that losing Jim Montgomery has had and the impact gaining him has had.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:41 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:46 am These are absolute ass

It's funny, I saw them this morning and my honest first thought was "these look like pure ass." Whatever adjective you want to use, they are 100% ass.
They look like Adidas completely forgot they were supposed to design a jersey and tried to do it 5 minutes before the presentation.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:41 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:46 am These are absolute ass

It's funny, I saw them this morning and my honest first thought was "these look like pure ass." Whatever adjective you want to use, they are 100% ass.
They look like Adidas completely forgot they were supposed to design a jersey and tried to do it 5 minutes before the presentation.
Relatable.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:01 am That’s extremely cool. Two things - first, fantastic that the crowd understands what just happened. I feel like in a lot of places, they wouldn’t even notice. Second, I thought the oil ditched that McFarlane logo ages ago. It came back?
Super cool indeed. I recall CBJ did that years ago in a similar situation, but the goalied didn't see a shot in the 2 minutes or so of action he saw. Still cool for him I'm sure.

I think the McFarlane logo is their reverse retro for the Oilers this year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!