Re: News and Games around the NHL

-Glad to see Liam McHugh stick with the NHL.
-Panger getting some national games.
-Had they announced Bissonnette before? I don't recall seeing him in the earlier releases. I'm sure that'll be popular with a certain crowd.
-All and all not a bad lineup. I think both TNT and ESPN have a mix of dullards and potentially interesting talent. We'll see how the actual broadcasts turn out. I'm just glad they're free of NBC, who seemingly stopped even trying to do anything interesting about 10 years ago.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:38 pm
-Had they announced Bissonnette before? I don't recall seeing him in the earlier releases. I'm sure that'll be popular with a certain crowd.
-All and all not a bad lineup. I think both TNT and ESPN have a mix of dullards and potentially interesting talent. We'll see how the actual broadcasts turn out. I'm just glad they're free of NBC, who seemingly stopped even trying to do anything interesting about 10 years ago.
The barstool type sports fan is very popular so I agree that Biznasty will bring that sometimes over the top but definitely something different style. I don’t mind it. We’ve got plenty of boring guys that add nothing.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:42 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:38 pm
The barstool type sports fan is very popular so I agree that Biznasty will bring that sometimes over the top but definitely something different style. I don’t mind it. We’ve got plenty of boring guys that add nothing.
Yeah. I'm not a barstool guy, but I get it. I also imagine Bissonnette isn't going to be going full Spittin' Chicklets on TV anyway. It's good to have him balance out the Gretzkys and Anson Carters.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:14 pm JFreshHockey Analytics - Fan Vote for "What are the NHL's best & worst logos?"

The ranking I'm most surprised by is Minnesota. It's a logo that is very overdesigned and forgettable to me. I'd imagine he has a lot of Minnesota based followers that voted and perhaps skewed that particular ranking. What I find interesting about the Blues vote is that in the detail it seems the Blue Note garnered the fewest amount of votes for the lowest possible score.

BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:20 am That’s a terrible ranking.
Can't have been that many voters to skew it that badly.

I get the recency bias with Seattle's logo, but it's a fucking S.

Buffalo way too low.

LA used to have one of the best logos and color schemes and went to something an 8 year old designed and approved of. It is truly awful.

It's only a matter of time before they cancel Chicago's logo which will be a shame. I have never met a native who doesn't approve of that logo and some Native Americans are quite proud of it.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:29 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:20 am That’s a terrible ranking.
Can't have been that many voters to skew it that badly.

I get the recency bias with Seattle's logo, but it's a fucking S.

Buffalo way too low.

LA used to have one of the best logos and color schemes and went to something an 8 year old designed and approved of. It is truly awful.

It's only a matter of time before they cancel Chicago's logo which will be a shame. I have never met a native who doesn't approve of that logo and some Native Americans are quite proud of it.
Seattle's logo rules, if you look at it right:

Seattle Burninators

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm The bottom 5 are the appropriate bottom 5. Maybe a different order. CBJ have the worst logo and unis in the league and its not close.
I agree with the Ducks being last. Partially because their uniforms and logo and colors all suck, and partially because the fix is RIGHT THERE! The 90s Mighty Ducks get-up might not be perfect, but they are a lot better than their current bland forgettable crap.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:43 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:50 pm The bottom 5 are the appropriate bottom 5. Maybe a different order. CBJ have the worst logo and unis in the league and its not close.
I agree with the Ducks being last. Partially because their uniforms and logo and colors all suck, and partially because the fix is RIGHT THERE! The 90s Mighty Ducks get-up might not be perfect, but they are a lot better than their current bland forgettable crap.
Agreed. Even these were incredibly better than what they put out there now
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:27 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:49 am You would think Dallas could find something more inspirational for their logo. They *are* in the Lone Star State after all.
Dallas Lone Stars
Minnesota North Stars

Did that owner fuck things up or what?

That’s how it should of went down.
Minnesota North Stars were a great name and had a very clever understated logo. Dallas Stars is just lazy.

BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 am Eichel Tower overrated. Be interesting to see who the dumb team is that throws money at him.
Well he's already getting his money. I don't blame him in this situation as long as he genuinely doesn't think the surgical procedure the Sabres want him to get is right for him. At the same time who in their right mind is going to trade a bunch of assets for a guy that needs some form of disc surgery and has a bigass contract for a bunch more years. This thing is a disaster for both parties.