Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:01 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:08 am What a race between Pens, Isles and Panthers for the 2 wild card slots. 2 points separate the 3 teams.
I cant figure out who I'd rather see, Pittsburgh or the NYI make it. I'm thinking Crosby and Malkin though

Yeah, Penguins have a current 16 year playoff streak on the line. Need to keep it going.
Next in line is 8, Caps and Preds, and it looks like both those streaks are going to end this year.
3rd is Leafs and Bruins each at 6.
4th is Tampa and Avs each at 5.
And 5th is your St. Louis Blues and Hurricanes each at 4.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:02 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:08 am What a race between Pens, Isles and Panthers for the 2 wild card slots. 2 points separate the 3 teams.
I cant figure out who I'd rather see, Pittsburgh or the NYI make it. I'm thinking Crosby and Malkin though

Yeah, Penguins have a current 16 year playoff streak on the line. Need to keep it going.
Next in line is 8, Caps and Preds, and it looks like both those streaks are going to end this year.
I feel like the Blues and Wings both had 20+ year streaks going through the 90s. Guess there’s just a lot more parody now that no streaks are even touching those.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:20 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:01 amI cant figure out who I'd rather see, Pittsburgh or the NYI make it. I'm thinking Crosby and Malkin though
I feel like the Blues and Wings both had 20+ year streaks going through the 90s. Guess there’s just a lot more parody now that no streaks are even touching those.
The most obvious reflection of "parody" these days in the NHL is Bettman.

It helped that only around 5 teams missed the playoffs some of those years.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:51 pm
The most obvious reflection of "parody" these days in the NHL is Bettman.
He's definitely a joke.

Ovi has now broken Gretzky’s record for most 40-goal seasons. The only season he didn’t net 40 was when he was injured. I can’t believe he isn’t talked about more. Living legend.

If McJesus stays on his current pace and gets 17 more points by the end of the season, he will be the only person not named Lemieux or Gretzky to score 156 in a season.

We’re witnessing history. And by “we” I mean those who have the ability to watch the games.

T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:58 am Ovi has now broken Gretzky’s record for most 40-goal seasons. The only season he didn’t net 40 was when he was injured. I can’t believe he isn’t talked about more. Living legend.

If McJesus stays on his current pace and gets 17 more points by the end of the season, he will be the only person not named Lemieux or Gretzky to score 156 in a season.

We’re witnessing history. And by “we” I mean those who have the ability to watch the games.
He's pretty good to say the least. He's a video game player on ice.

T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:58 am Ovi has now broken Gretzky’s record for most 40-goal seasons. The only season he didn’t net 40 was when he was injured. I can’t believe he isn’t talked about more. Living legend.

The one thing the NHL has gotten right is their deal with ESPN that you can watch any player in the league (unless in your local market) for just 9.99 a month. I've loved the ESPN+ package.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:53 am

The one thing the NHL has gotten right is their deal with ESPN that you can watch any player in the league (unless in your local market) for just 9.99 a month. I've loved the ESPN+ package.
What's even better is you can go watch a game after it was played later in the night and not know the score or anything.
On NHL.com, that was not possible, the score was always showing no matter what.

BillP wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:45 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:34 pmSome great replies.😆
I remember Brian Sutter had over 50 wins his first year in Boston, had to look it up, he had 51. What the heck is it with Boston - ha. Don’t remember hearing a coach named Tom Johnson at all.
Best I can tell from his photo, he only coached outdoor games. :oops:

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:55 am

What's even better is you can go watch a game after it was played later in the night and not know the score or anything.
Yeah i’ve heard it’s great, but I can’t wrap my head around paying $120/yr and simultaneously not being able to watch the Blues. Once the local/blackout bullshit works itself out, I’d happily pay.

T.C. wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:27 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:55 am

Yeah i’ve heard it’s great, but I can’t wrap my head around paying $120/yr and simultaneously not being able to watch the Blues. Once the local/blackout bullshit works itself out, I’d happily pay.
Very understandable. 70 a year if you’re just using it during hockey season but your point remains. I’m not on their sales and marketing team

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:09 am 60!

I like McDavid and think it's sweet that he's scoring a million goals this year and that most of them are super cool. I also think it would've been extremely funny if his stick would've snapped sometime during the second chance after damaging it smashing it into the boards when he didn't score on the first chance.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:21 am

Lost in this play & not given enough credit are the 2 incredible passes by Draistatle during that sequence.
I saw that play live last night. Great stuff. McDavid and his EA Sports speed of 99 is nuts. Even on the PP with those short sprints, it's nuts how quick he gets from point A to point B.
Haven't seen such an effortless stride since Federov.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:07 am

I like McDavid and think it's sweet that he's scoring a million goals this year and that most of them are super cool. I also think it would've been extremely funny if his stick would've snapped sometime during the second chance after damaging it smashing it into the boards when he didn't score on the first chance.
:lol: that would of been funny - good one!!