Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:52 pm Quite a few players moved at the end but the one that stood out to me was John Klingberg going from Anaheim to the Wild simply for the fact that he could be on the Blues radar as a signing for next season.
I wish Army would make it a priority to acquire and develop big mobile defensemen. Try to emulate what we had in 19. That and Binner were the 2 biggest reasons we won our Cup.

Not sure why you think the Blues would be interested in Klingberg. We still got enough D as it is or am I missing something?

BillP wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:32 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:52 pm Quite a few players moved at the end but the one that stood out to me was John Klingberg going from Anaheim to the Wild simply for the fact that he could be on the Blues radar as a signing for next season.
I wish Army would make it a priority to acquire and develop big mobile defensemen. Try to emulate what we had in 19. That and Binner were the 2 biggest reasons we won our Cup.

Not sure why you think the Blues would be interested in Klingberg. We still got enough D as it is or am I missing something?
Just because hes's probably the best defenseman who isn't too old in a very thin free agent pool of defensemen and our defense blows.

BillP wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:54 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:09 pm Barbashev has two goals tonight. 5 points in his 4 games.
I noticed the other night they’ve been running him out there a lot. You’d think it was Bure that they picked up.
Yeah, any ideas he was coming in to upgrade their bottom 6 went out the window quick. He's been playing on Eichel's wing.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:07 am
BillP wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:54 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:09 pm Barbashev has two goals tonight. 5 points in his 4 games.
I noticed the other night they’ve been running him out there a lot. You’d think it was Bure that they picked up.
Yeah, any ideas he was coming in to upgrade their bottom 6 went out the window quick. He's been playing on Eichel's wing.
We will need a player just like him next season to round out the forward group.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:13 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:07 am
BillP wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:54 pmI noticed the other night they’ve been running him out there a lot. You’d think it was Bure that they picked up.
We will need a player just like him next season to round out the forward group.
#BringBackBarby

So Arizona took Ottawa's package for Chychrun largely because it was likely to have the earliest first round pick this season. However, the Sens have won 5 in a row and are just 3 points back of the playoffs. They're tied with Buffalo (who has one game in hand), while the last to WC slots are held by NYI and PIT. Neither of those teams are on a hot streak. I think it'd be fantastic if Ottawa found a way not only to get in, but win a round, so Arizona's prized piece of the trade is somewhere around the 21st draft pick.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:05 pm So Arizona took Ottawa's package for Chychrun largely because it was likely to have the earliest first round pick this season. However, the Sens have won 5 in a row and are just 3 points back of the playoffs. They're tied with Buffalo (who has one game in hand), while the last to WC slots are held by NYI and PIT. Neither of those teams are on a hot streak. I think it'd be fantastic if Ottawa found a way not only to get in, but win a round, so Arizona's prized piece of the trade is somewhere around the 21st draft pick.
Three games in hand on the Islanders too. Although they’d be hard pressed to win a round against the Canes or Bruins but crazy things happen.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote:

He has a career high in goals and points with 17 games to play. He has more 4 point gams than 0 point games this season. I hope he gets to 150 this year.
I think that was one of my pre-season predictions, that McDavid hits 150 points. Someone had a thread on preseason predictions. Any time you call one for McDavid, you got a shot of hitting it - ha