Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:28 am Nice day for the Bruins. Pastrnak took a discount for them.
Definitely would've cracked 100 million on the open market but good for him and good for the Bruins, I guess. Why would someone want to leave Boston at this point? Some guys want to chase dollars (Johnny Hockey) and some guys want money and success.

Pasta is one of my favorite non-Blues. Always had hoped he'd end up here.
I wouldn't put Gaudreau in the chasing money camp, he left a much bigger offer on the table in Calgary. Pastrnak rocks. They're throwing everything at the Cup in Bergeron's last year, but they won't take too much of a step back if they can find a decent couple of centers over the summer.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:55 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:28 am Nice day for the Bruins. Pastrnak took a discount for them.
Definitely would've cracked 100 million on the open market but good for him and good for the Bruins, I guess. Why would someone want to leave Boston at this point? Some guys want to chase dollars (Johnny Hockey) and some guys want money and success.

I wouldn't put Gaudreau in the chasing money camp, he left a much bigger offer on the table in Calgary. Pastrnak rocks. They're throwing everything at the Cup in Bergeron's last year, but they won't take too much of a step back if they can find a decent couple of centers over the summer.
Then what the hell was he chasing, the ice cream??
Just a Russian propaganda account

Him and his agent must have been chasing some psychedelics then.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:59 am

Then what the hell was he chasing, the ice cream??
I believe he just really hated living in Calgary. He might have taken the highest non-Calgary offer, so maybe it's a little money chasing, but certainly not exclusively.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:52 pm Quite a few players moved at the end but the one that stood out to me was John Klingberg going from Anaheim to the Wild simply for the fact that he could be on the Blues radar as a signing for next season.
I really, really hope that we don't add another over the hill offensive defenseman who's already lost his offense.