Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:42 am
Strong top 2 play by play guys. Can't stand Buccigross and have never heard the other two. Full team here:

That lists a lot of "analysts", not sure who will be in-game vs. in studio. I'd imagine Ferraro and Boucher are the top two in-game analysts to start off. It will be interesting to see how the big names without broadcasting experience are used.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:32 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:19 pm Where are Jones and Sharp going? That’s what I want to know.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ends up without a national gig. To me he is the embodiment of NBC's bland, boring ass studio show over the years.
Gooky talk...Jones was fantastic
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:19 pm Where are Jones and Sharp going? That’s what I want to know.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ends up without a national gig. To me he is the embodiment of NBC's bland, boring ass studio show over the years.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:12 pm
It's not that he was wrong often, it's just that he never said anything interesting in 15 years.

ESPN lineup looking good. Always liked Levy and Buccigross. Melrose is meh but he's far less annoying than little Regis. I would think Sharp is TNT bound? I thought I saw that somewhere but with my brain damage, who knows?
Jones still has a gig with Philly he might just stick with that, but he has a past with ESPN so maybe he will be back.

ESPN lineup looking good. Always liked Levy and Buccigross. Melrose is meh but he's far less annoying than little Regis. I would think Sharp is TNT bound? I thought I saw that somewhere but with my brain damage, who knows?
Jones still has a gig with Philly he might just stick with that, but he has a past with ESPN so maybe he will be back.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:21 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:12 pm

It's not that he was wrong often, it's just that he never said anything interesting in 15 years.
Nothing more entertaining than watching Shaq. Barkley and K Smith on TNT. Those guys are funny as heck. Maybe TNT can come up with something good for hockey.

I do think Jones is good. His analysis and opinions were pretty good. His style and delivery is mostly serious but I liked him. I do remember one time where they showed a clip of Lindros in 97 and Jones said I remember seeing that on my couch. And Tappen said it’s amazing you remember where you were back in 97 and Jones said I was on the couch a lot in 97 :lol: I thought that was funny.

Your NHL Awards Winners:
Hart- McDavid (Unanimous...only second time in history. Some old guy from Edmonton was first)
Norris- Fox (2nd player ever to win in second season. Some old guy from Boston was the first)
Vezina- Fleury
Calder- Kaprisov

Kinda surprised by Norris and Vezina. I think they absolutely got it right, but thought They'd give them to Hedman and Vasilevskiy based on reputation. Not much room for debate on the Hart/Calder.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:53 am Your NHL Awards Winners:
Hart- McDavid (Unanimous...only second time in history. Some old guy from Edmonton was first)
Norris- Fox (2nd player ever to win in second season. Some old guy from Boston was the first)
Vezina- Fleury
Calder- Kaprisov

Kinda surprised by Norris and Vezina. I think they absolutely got it right, but thought They'd give them to Hedman and Vasilevskiy based on reputation. Not much room for debate on the Hart/Calder.
Orr, not Bourque ------ right?

BillP. wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:10 am
Vezina- Fleury
Calder- Kaprisov

Kyle McLaren, actually.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Vezina- Fleury
Calder- Kaprisov

That's correct. That scrub Bourque only finished 4th in his second season :lol: . Pretty amazing he didn't win one until his 7th season, but still ended up winning 5. Even more amazing, he finished in the top 7 of Norris voting literally EVERY SEASON of his career.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:23 am
Vezina- Fleury
Calder- Kaprisov

That's correct. That scrub Bourque only finished 4th in his second season :lol: . Pretty amazing he didn't win one until his 7th season, but still ended up winning 5. Even more amazing, he finished in the top 7 of Norris voting literally EVERY SEASON of his career.
Nicklas Lidstrom is proud.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:27 am

In Bourque's final season, he finished second to Lidstrom for the Norris. It was the first of Lidstrom's 7 Norris wins. He was 30.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:27 am

In Bourque's final season, he finished second to Lidstrom for the Norris. It was the first of Lidstrom's 7 Norris wins. He was 30.
That's crazy. Bourque was 2nd in his final season? Didn't realize he was still THAT good when he played for Avs.