Re: News and Games around the NHL

T.C. wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:13 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:00 pmBetter atmosphere than any NHL game

NHL’s head of media relations would condemn such a display as toxic masculinity, a nationalist rally, or some other virtual signaling bullshit. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Run-of-the-mill soccer fan behavior, T.C.. Swedish sports fans couldn't tell a puck from a penalty kick.

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:32 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:00 pmBetter atmosphere than any NHL game

NHL’s head of media relations would condemn such a display as toxic masculinity, a nationalist rally, or some other virtual signaling bullshit. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Run-of-the-mill soccer fan behavior, T.C.. Swedish sports fans couldn't tell a puck from a penalty kick.
Yes, not nearly the quality of the "SHOOT THE PUCK!" fans at every american hockey arena or my favorite, bangs on glass every time the puck is near guy. The only thing we have is sometimes there's some monster titties behind coaches
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:19 pm
T.C. wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:13 amNHL’s head of media relations would condemn such a display as toxic masculinity, a nationalist rally, or some other virtual signaling bullshit. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Yes, not nearly the quality of the "SHOOT THE PUCK!" fans at every american hockey arena or my favorite, bangs on glass every time the puck is near guy. The only thing we have is sometimes there's some monster titties behind coaches
Add college hockey to your repertoire, and you'll have the incessant "Sieve, Sieve, Sieve!" chants aimed at the opposing goalie ... even when an ENG is scored. :roll:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:19 pm
NHL has really fallen behind in the rally tits game.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tage Thompson now has 3 hat tricks this season and has already hit the 30 goal mark. Truly incredible how he's turned himself into a 50 goal sniper and probably a top 3-5 player in the league.
I wonder if Tage was originally offered in deal or if Army tried to peddle off someone else initially?

BillP. wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:34 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tage Thompson now has 3 hat tricks this season and has already hit the 30 goal mark. Truly incredible how he's turned himself into a 50 goal sniper and probably a top 3-5 player in the league.
I wonder if Tage was originally offered in deal or if Army tried to peddle off someone else initially?
Yeah, hard to know. Also hard to know if Tage is the same player if he was never traded. Different system/opportunity.

I've heard a few versions of it, but general consensus at the time was Buffalo wanted Thomas/Kyrou, and Army wouldn't budge. Of course I saw something today that the Sabres insisted on Thompson, but that seems revisionist to me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:59 am
I've heard a few versions of it, but general consensus at the time was Buffalo wanted Thomas/Kyrou, and Army wouldn't budge. Of course I saw something today that the Sabres insisted on Thompson, but that seems revisionist to me.
They were going to get a hell of a player either way. It worked out great for the Blues because of the cup but damn if it didn't, that trade would STING right now

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:19 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:59 am

They were going to get a hell of a player either way. It worked out great for the Blues because of the cup but damn if it didn't, that trade would STING right now
Pretty much a dream outcome for both teams. I'm sure Buffalo would've preferred the pick they got in the trade would've turned into something, and I'm sure the Blues wished ROR was still playing like he did in 2019, but this seems fair! I hope Tage keeps kicking ass because he doesn't just score goals, he scores goals that are cool as hell.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Yeah, hard to know. Also hard to know if Tage is the same player if he was never traded. Different system/opportunity.
You got that right. Chances are he'd of been in the dog house here before finding his way and would of been shipped off somewhere else. Lucky for him and us, it's worked out like a dream for both parties.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Them boys were THROWING! Respect to Kostin for not tying his jersey down. Always have the upper hand on your opponent. Can't believe we let Klim bad intentions Kostin go.

Yeah, I don't get it. Would love to have an all Russian 4th line of Torp, Kost & Alexandrov. 1/2 our forward group could of been Russians - ha

BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:16 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Them boys were THROWING! Respect to Kostin for not tying his jersey down. Always have the upper hand on your opponent. Can't believe we let Klim bad intentions Kostin go.

Yeah, I don't get it. Would love to have an all Russian 4th line of Torp, Kost & Alexandrov. 1/2 our forward group could of been Russians - ha
The Berube leash and doghouse are tough to free yourself from