Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 pm I really thought Vegas wouldn't even make the playoffs when the season started.
Right. I thought they were on the way down too early in season. But Eichel all of a sudden started playing, then Stone eventually comes back to life, then Barbashev gets the red carpet treatment and gets put on the 1st line and poof, SC Cup here we come.

BillP wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:47 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:56 pm Hope Zach Dean becomes a very good player because there’s been no better deadline pick up than Barbashev this season.
Story is Army wanted to extend him but Barbashev wanted to test market —— right? Cause I think he was a guy Army would want to keep moving forward.
This seems logical to me. Army know his value, but Barbashev knows this might be his best and or only shot for a fairly significant paycheck. Can't fault any party.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: The refs were a shit show last night. Their obsession with over policing games is ridiculous and these guys should be barred from reffing any important games going forward. I don’t care that the score was 4-0 at this point, this is egregious.

I missed the game last night, but I expect Florida to throw everything they got in Game 3. I expect a lot of hard hitting in that one.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:08 am The refs were a shit show last night. Their obsession with over policing games is ridiculous and these guys should be barred from reffing any important games going forward. I don’t care that the score was 4-0 at this point, this is egregious.

Maybe instead of a rubber rat the refs thought it was a live baby squirrel or something.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:33 am

Maybe instead of a rubber rat the refs thought it was a live baby squirrel or something.
I truly just hate it so much. Neither the players nor the fans(as if the league cares about us) want players being sent off for 10 minutes for THAT. The is the damn national hockey league!!! Let rivalries happen, let tempers flare. You weren't protecting anyone with that call
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:28 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: New regime in Philly getting right to it!!
Anything there that Army can pilfer? I imagine he's going to give them a ring.
I'd like Travis Sanheim, but he just signed an extension less than a year ago and has a full NTC. You could get Hart, but then you'd have to find a deal for Binnington. Otherwise pretty much everybody on Philly was ass last year.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:53 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: New regime in Philly getting right to it!!
I'd like Travis Sanheim, but he just signed an extension less than a year ago and has a full NTC. You could get Hart, but then you'd have to find a deal for Binnington. Otherwise pretty much everybody on Philly was ass last year.
Even Konecny?

BillP wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:53 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:53 pm

Even Konecny?
Always room for Tim's boy!