Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:16 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:53 pm Unreal playoff run for Tkachuk. Clutch goal after clutch goal. Best player in the world?

Man, you really got a man crush on him :lol:

I didn’t pay attention to the penalty called late. Don’t know if it was too obvious or if it was something they could let slide. Hate to see a game decided like that in final minute.
Respectfully, I despise that opinion. If there's a penalty they should call the penalty. There are plenty of examples of not calling obvious penalties leading to goals for the team committing the uncalled infraction. Refs shouldn't worry about the clock, they should just make the calls when they happen.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:53 pm Unreal playoff run for Tkachuk. Clutch goal after clutch goal. Best player in the world?

I didn’t pay attention to the penalty called late. Don’t know if it was too obvious or if it was something they could let slide. Hate to see a game decided like that in final minute.
Hard not to. Just this series alone he scored the OT winner in game 1 and game 2, had the primary assist on the GWG in game 3, and scored the winner of game 4 with less than 5 seconds to go. He really is doing it all. They have won 12 of 13 games since he tried to fight Ullmark. There's definitely better pure offensive players than him but better hockey players? That list may be 1. He could win the Conn Smythe even if the Panthers dont pull it off.

As for the call, it was on Jordan Staal, a tripping call in the offensive zone. Obvious call, not much controversy and really just a dumb play for a guy that should know better. It certainly wasn't some ticky tack regular season call. I too would prefer games to be mostly played and end 5 on 5 but if a player makes a dumb decision, you have to punish em for it
Just a Russian propaganda account

Perunovich has 6 points in 7 games in the tournament. He finished the season in the AHL with 20 pts in 22 games. If he can finally stay healthy he'd at the very least allow for some cheap production on the blue line. I just don't know if they can count on him to stay in the lineup.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:52 am

Perunovich has 6 points in 7 games in the tournament. He finished the season in the AHL with 20 pts in 22 games. If he can finally stay healthy he'd at the very least allow for some cheap production on the blue line. I just don't know if they can count on him to stay in the lineup.
I sure hope he can turn it around. We need some good fortune on the blue line.

Dave's a mess wrote:

Respectfully, I despise that opinion. If there's a penalty they should call the penalty. There are plenty of examples of not calling obvious penalties leading to goals for the team committing the uncalled infraction. Refs shouldn't worry about the clock, they should just make the calls when they happen.

You mean like the no call on Perron against the Bruins in Game 5? That was a great no call :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave's a mess wrote:

Yeah, you wonder if the ship has sailed on him being a valuable trade chip. I mean, even if he stays healthy for a while and tears it up offensively, are there any GM's in the league that believe he's a perennial 70-80 game guy? Hope he does surprise us and turns out to be a player cause I'm sick of seeing high picks trashed.

BillP. wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:00 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:

Yeah, you wonder if the ship has sailed on him being a valuable trade chip. I mean, even if he stays healthy for a while and tears it up offensively, are there any GM's in the league that believe he's a perennial 70-80 game guy? Hope he does surprise us and turns out to be a player cause I'm sick of seeing high picks trashed.
He's certainly not worth much in a trade due to all that injury risk. I think the Blues high draft picks have been ok recently, with a few obviously too soon to tell. The biggest whiff in recent years was Dominik Bokk (same draft as Perunovich), but they were able to offload him early to Carolina in the Faulk deal. There certainly haven't been any home runs since Thomas/Kyrou/Thompson in back to back years, but it took a while for them to get there.

BluesSK wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:02 pm I have regrets.
I'd love for him to return to the Blues, but he never would have gotten the opportunity this season here, so I'm happy he's having success and showing off what he can do in Vegas!
Now I'd be EXTRA happy if he could return the favor by eliminating Dallas and making sure our last 1st round pick is a slot or two better!

RAFritchey wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:19 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:02 pm I have regrets.
I'd love for him to return to the Blues, but he never would have gotten the opportunity this season here, so I'm happy he's having success and showing off what he can do in Vegas!
Now I'd be EXTRA happy if he could return the favor by eliminating Dallas and making sure our last 1st round pick is a slot or two better!
I'm hoping for that too.

BillP wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:32 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:52 am Vegas isn’t going to blow a 3-0 series lead right? Although letting Florida sit and wait might be the best strategy
I’m guessing the Celtics have to be some sort of an inspiration. Could be a trend here. Course Jamie Benn’s coming back. We’ll see if that’s a good thing or not.
Would be pretty funny if the only games Dallas won were the games Benn didn't play.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:42 am
BillP wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:32 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:52 am Vegas isn’t going to blow a 3-0 series lead right? Although letting Florida sit and wait might be the best strategy
I’m guessing the Celtics have to be some sort of an inspiration. Could be a trend here. Course Jamie Benn’s coming back. We’ll see if that’s a good thing or not.
Would be pretty funny if the only games Dallas won were the games Benn didn't play.
I think there's a decent chance he's so motivated to leave it all out there tonight that he gets kicked out in the first 10 minutes.