Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:39 am Kessel signs in Vegas for $1.5Mx1. I'm still unsure if Vegas is going to be anything more than mediocre, but I'm glad Kessel signed somwhere that he won't be at risk of having his ironman streak snapped by a healthy scratch.
I wish him the best. Vegas is going to be kind of a mess this year, I think.

I wonder if McPhee will have a job after the season.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:39 am Kessel signs in Vegas for $1.5Mx1. I'm still unsure if Vegas is going to be anything more than mediocre, but I'm glad Kessel signed somwhere that he won't be at risk of having his ironman streak snapped by a healthy scratch.

McPhee shrewdly moved upstairs to the President's role a couple years ago. I think he can let Kelly McCrimmon take the fall if things go poorly again this year, even id McPhee is still running the show.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:40 am
BluesSK wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 am

McPhee shrewdly moved upstairs to the President's role a couple years ago. I think he can let Kelly McCrimmon take the fall if things go poorly again this year, even id McPhee is still running the show.
McPhee may sleep with the fishes after this season, if there are any fishes left in Lake Mead by next Spring

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:44 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: The right decision

How bout inking Tage Thompson to a 7 year 50M deal? Right decision?
That was baffling to me. I get locking up your young stars, but don't you want to see him repeat it at least a little bit first? His shooting % last season was 15% after being a shade under 7% up to that point in his career. For an organization that deeply regrets signing Jeff Skinner to big money long term after a shooting % bender season, you'd think they'd hold their horses.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!