Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:03 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:50 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:22 am

Was always a big fan of his style of play as a player. Good for the Sharks to give someone new a try versus going to the recycle machine
The thing that's insane to me is that they've been officially looking for a new GM since April, and it took them until the week of the draft to hire a guy that had been a rumored front runner since the very start of the process. Fine by me though, the Sharks haven't been likeable since the Arturs Irbe era.
I liked Marleau. Good Saskatchewan boy.
With Hall of Fame eyebrows.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:50 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:16 pm C'mon, Blues fans, I know we can do better than 5th ...

How in TF are hawks and pens fans so low on this list.... i smell BS...
Other teams fans don't find you annoying when you beat their ass all year. That wipes out the Hawks, but not sure about the Pens. I don't think this was the most scientific of all polls, haha.

Names are gonna drop for sure now.

Hockey Canada reopening investigation into alleged 2018 sexual assault
The investigation will be led by an independent third party and require all players on the 2018 team to participate, the organization said in a statement released on Thursday, adding that those who refuse to cooperate will be banned from all Hockey Canada activities and programs effective immediately.
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1825393.1657802472

Edit: Wait there's more!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:11 pm Let’s hope this is true

This may have been foolish of me, but I stopped worrying about his involvement once he signed that contract. I have to imagine Armstrong did a great deal of due diligence on the incident before signing a player to the largest contract in team history. The fact that Kyrou hasn't signed yet isn't concerning necessarily, but worth noting. It could also just be because Thomas is a more valuable player.

You would hope that the full knowledge base behind the St. Louis Blues made 1000% certain that he was at the least not involved in the incident before signing the extension.

You would have to think the entire team heard whispers after it happened. I personally don't feel that players who were not in the room and not involved in the crime should be pressured to publicly disclose what they've heard through the grapevine. Cooperate with the investigation, be a better human being for it, and discourage anything remotely resembling the sort of mindset that allows events like this to occur is all I feel you could hope for for those in the team who were not involved.

For those who were, them and their pro hockey careers can burn in hell.

Lots of legalese there. He definitely knows something.

The thread gets interesting. Apparently, Kyrou wasn't at the event. Not sure why the media doesn't come out and say which players weren't instead of random people throwing around allegations and playing amateur detective.

People's livelihoods and reputations are at stake here.

Thomas doesn’t come off as a guy that would sexually abuse a passed out girl. He definitely looks like the guy that would pull the old Georgia Scorcher on a passed out chic though…
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"