Re: News and Games around the NHL

BillP wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:52 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:35 pm Go 7-2-1 and see what happens. Someone else is gonna drop off.

Why stop now. It's not like there is 30 games left, Craig Berube!
I think 8-2 is what we need. 96 points would probably put them in a tie breaker situation. Vegas schedule is actually a little tough the next 8 games. They close season out with Hawks and Ducks, so Blues need to catch Vegas by Game 80. The boys will have to go on a run to pull this off but who knows. Let’s win next 3 at home and see where we’re at then. Go Blues!!
Between the oilers, preds, canes, and stars, which two do you see us defeating?

Oilers I'll give a maybe and then a less likely stars as last game of season and they may have their minds on the po's and overlook us
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:35 pm Go 7-2-1 and see what happens. Someone else is gonna drop off.

I think 8-2 is what we need. 96 points would probably put them in a tie breaker situation. Vegas schedule is actually a little tough the next 8 games. They close season out with Hawks and Ducks, so Blues need to catch Vegas by Game 80. The boys will have to go on a run to pull this off but who knows. Let’s win next 3 at home and see where we’re at then. Go Blues!!
This level of blind optimism has to be bad for your health.

Also, Vegas holds the tie breaker with St Louis so we're technically 7 points back.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

Also, Vegas holds the tie breaker with St Louis so we're technically 7 points back.

Hahaha

Anything can happen.

And if we did catch Vegas, wouldn't we have the tie breaker on them?
If we catch them, we'd have to have more ROW's than them.
We're only 1 behind at the moment.

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:19 am

Hahaha

Anything can happen.

The first tiebreaker is regulation wins. Blues are two back in that category currently. Then it goes to ROW if they are tied there.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: This level of blind optimism has to be bad for your health.

Hahaha

Anything can happen.

The first tiebreaker is regulation wins. Blues are two back in that category currently. Then it goes to ROW if they are tied there.
Funny thing is, if you told us going into the year that the Blues would only be 6 points behind Vegas on 3/27, we'd all feel pretty good about our playoff chances - ha

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 pm

Hahaha

Anything can happen.

Funny thing is, if you told us going into the year that the Blues would only be 6 points behind Vegas on 3/27, we'd all feel pretty good about our playoff chances - ha
You aren't wrong about that. I would have taken that scenario any day. Vegas seems like a team that is coasting through the season and is built for Playoff hockey.

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:06 pm

Hahaha

Anything can happen.

If you said this in October I'd say the same thing as today, we're screwed

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:53 am

Between the oilers, preds, canes, and stars, which two do you see us defeating?

Oilers I'll give a maybe and then a less likely stars as last game of season and they may have their minds on the po's and overlook us
We’re thinking Kings now……..

He's having a career year at age 27, on one of the best offensive teams in the NHL this season. If he keeps this production up (45-50 point, solid 2-way game), that might be worth it for some teams. I think he'll return to form, though, (20-25 points)and be a very good bottom-6 guy, though, and that's a lot to pay for that level. I'd rather lock Toropchenko up at less than half that.

RAFritchey wrote: He's having a career year at age 27, on one of the best offensive teams in the NHL this season. If he keeps this production up (45-50 point, solid 2-way game), that might be worth it for some teams. I think he'll return to form, though, (20-25 points)and be a very good bottom-6 guy, though, and that's a lot to pay for that level. I'd rather lock Toropchenko up at less than half that.
Yeah, I thought Olcyck got carried away there. First off, that's just 1 year. The guys is still unproven. And we see it here in St. Louis all the time, we seem to find cost effective quality bottom 6 guys with no problem all the time. No thanks.

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:10 pm
RAFritchey wrote: He's having a career year at age 27, on one of the best offensive teams in the NHL this season. If he keeps this production up (45-50 point, solid 2-way game), that might be worth it for some teams. I think he'll return to form, though, (20-25 points)and be a very good bottom-6 guy, though, and that's a lot to pay for that level. I'd rather lock Toropchenko up at less than half that.
Yeah, I thought Olcyck got carried away there. First off, that's just 1 year. The guys is still unproven. And we see it here in St. Louis all the time, we seem to find cost effective quality bottom 6 guys with no problem all the time. No thanks.
We do?

It really is a shame the Hawks didn't put Eddie O in the front office. Would love for him to be bringing that kind of insight to their group.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

We do?
I think so. It's part of Blues history. It's our calling card. Heck, Dakota Joshua was a Blue - ha

Dave's a mess wrote:
It really is a shame the Hawks didn't put Eddie O in the front office. Would love for him to be bringing that kind of insight to their group.
:lol: Yeah, I think Eddie would be a GM for short while. I don't generally jump the gun and say a former player would suck as a GM, but he jumps out at me as one who would fail for sure. That really would be good for us if he ever got that job - ha

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:13 pm

We do?
I think so. It's part of Blues history. It's our calling card. Heck, Dakota Joshua was a Blue - ha
I guess I was thinking more recent history.