Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:51 am This isn't rewriting history but man Jake Walman really seems to have found himself in Detroit. 5 goals and a +13 and playing a career high in ice time. He's set a career high in shots, goals, and blocked shots in just 25 games.
Walman was constantly blocked here, then as soon as he leaves pretty much everyone ahead of him gets hurt long term. I don't know how he would've fared defensively, but he'd be a great PP2 guy to have around right about now. Hell probably PP1 at the moment.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:38 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:51 am This isn't rewriting history but man Jake Walman really seems to have found himself in Detroit. 5 goals and a +13 and playing a career high in ice time. He's set a career high in shots, goals, and blocked shots in just 25 games.
Walman was constantly blocked here, then as soon as he leaves pretty much everyone ahead of him gets hurt long term. I don't know how he would've fared defensively, but he'd be a great PP2 guy to have around right about now. Hell probably PP1 at the moment.
We have given away so many assets. Even Vince Dunn is having a great season.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:21 pm
Hasn't been perfect, but thats the cost of salary cap, expansion drafts, and having a lot of good players. That banner in the rafters looks pretty good.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:21 pm

Hasn't been perfect, but thats the cost of salary cap, expansion drafts, and having a lot of good players. That banner in the rafters looks pretty good.
ITS COLLECTING DUST
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Kostin 4 goals in last 4 games. Got 17 mins of ice time last game
Don't you know, he sucks!!!!! There was no room for him on this team. We got Neighbors that's willing to drop the gloves now. The last thing the Blues need is another guy in the lineup that will kick some ass. We don't want that here :roll:

BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:28 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Kostin 4 goals in last 4 games. Got 17 mins of ice time last game
Don't you know, he sucks!!!!! There was no room for him on this team. We got Neighbors that's willing to drop the gloves now. The last thing the Blues need is another guy in the lineup that will kick some ass. We don't want that here :roll:
He's scored 4 goals on his last 8 shots. Seems super sustainable. I wish him well. He's got a bunch 15 goals seasons to look forward to.

Dave's a mess wrote:
He's scored 4 goals on his last 8 shots. Seems super sustainable. I wish him well. He's got a bunch 15 goals seasons to look forward to.
I knew you'd join in :lol: Ba da dum tsss
Denny Pratt hates Kostin
Me & Igor love Kostin
For those keeping score, you're currently out voted 2-1

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:37 pm
You say that like it’s a bad thing. That basically makes him Barbashev

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:28 pm Don't you know, he sucks!!!!! There was no room for him on this team. We got Neighbors that's willing to drop the gloves now. The last thing the Blues need is another guy in the lineup that will kick some ass. We don't want that here :roll:
Yeah, I've been on record saying, whatever his ceiling is, he'll be a very serviceable player. The man has a great shot, he can finish.
So If his ceiling is 15 goals a year, laying out 250 hits a year, kicks ass when needed, shows leadership skills as advertised, then sign me up, I'm in.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:35 pm

And I won't whine every time Barbashev scores after we trade him in 6 weeks. ;)

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:35 pm

And I won't whine every time Barbashev scores after we trade him in 6 weeks. ;)
Just congratulating a Blues alumni on getting his chance and playing well. I post about many former Blues. Ville Husso has been shit lately and got yanked last night

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:59 pm Oh boy...
I think Torts said it well here. If you don’t believe in something you shouldn’t be forced to wear something that supports it. It’s why I also don’t think players should have to stand for the anthem if they chose not to. I don’t agree with Provorov stance, at all, but it’s his choice to make in the end regardless how wrong I think it is.

Caveat - everything I know about this story is in the last four posts here.

I get you’re being funny, but choosing not to be forced to be a walking/skating commercial for a lifestyle you don’t agree with is not the same thing as not respecting their choice to live that lifestyle. Equality means you’re the same as everyone else. Elevating a group to god status, deeming them untouchable, or promoting them above others is not equality. I understand his choice, if his reason is what he says it is. I don’t agree with it, but I understand and respect that’s his choice. I also understand that it’s possible he does respect gay folks while not agreeing with them. I know the internet and media has conditioned people that they must take sides and fight to the death anyone who disagrees, but it’s absolutely possible to respect someone and disagree with them.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:00 am Caveat - everything I know about this story is in the last four posts here.

I get you’re being funny, but choosing not to be forced to be a walking/skating commercial for a lifestyle you don’t agree with is not the same thing as not respecting their choice to live that lifestyle. Equality means you’re the same as everyone else. Elevating a group to god status, deeming them untouchable, or promoting them above others is not equality. I understand his choice, if his reason is what he says it is. I don’t agree with it, but I understand and respect that’s his choice. I also understand that it’s possible he does respect gay folks while not agreeing with them. I know the internet and media has conditioned people that they must take sides and fight to the death anyone who disagrees, but it’s absolutely possible to respect someone and disagree with them.
I think the walking skating commercial is a bit of hyperbole. It’s the pregame warm up. How many people are seeing that? Half the attendees who already know about it? It wasn’t during the game itself. I’m fine with him not doing it. But if you’re going to take that stance and hide behind your religion in doing so, then stand by it. His answer was cowardice and not honest. Lay in your bed Provy

I know this much. He was the only guy who for whatever personal reason objected to it and had the balls rightly or wrongly to stand up for his beliefs.

But I would be willing to bet he wasn't the only guy out of twenty or so guys who didn't want to wear it.

And that's just the way it is. It's a free country, or is supposed to be.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:53 am I know this much. He was the only guy who for whatever personal reason objected to it and had the balls rightly or wrongly to stand up for his beliefs.

But I would be willing to bet he wasn't the only guy out of twenty or so guys who didn't want to wear it.

And that's just the way it is. It's a free country, or is supposed to be.
Well obviously. Tony DeAngelo is on that team.

Also, I wouldn't say hiding behind religion and saying nothing else takes balls. Seems the opposite.

I would also argue the people who think this was so brave of him are also the same ones that yell "STAND FOR THE ANTHEM!" and think those guys are punks and cowards. Not saying any of you specifically, but twitter people in general.