Re: News and Games around the NHL

NHL Network is unwatchable right now, and will be for the next month. I've tried listening to the female announcers and the screech is just too much to bare. Is there nothing in this world that doesn't have to be dominated by the thought that it all has to be equity. Getting old ,and I know ill be stoned for my opinion , but I had to vent so have at it.

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:44 pm NHL Network is unwatchable right now, and will be for the next month. I've tried listening to the female announcers and the screech is just too much to bare. Is there nothing in this world that doesn't have to be dominated by the thought that it all has to be equity. Getting old ,and I know ill be stoned for my opinion , but I had to vent so have at it.
#HockeyIsForEveryone 😆 :lol:

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:44 pm NHL Network is unwatchable right now, and will be for the next month. I've tried listening to the female announcers and the screech is just too much to bare. Is there nothing in this world that doesn't have to be dominated by the thought that it all has to be equity. Getting old ,and I know ill be stoned for my opinion , but I had to vent so have at it.
I certainly have no issues with woman calling sports but some just simply don’t have the pipes for it. It’d be like listening to Andy Strickland all game
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:46 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:15 pm Ducks vs Nucks tonight for those scoreboard watchers. Ducks have 50 points and Canucks 57, two behind the Blues
Chicago lost but Ducks and Canucks just went to OT. Go Ducks?

Oops i meant Go Canucks. And they did win.

Three point game! Blues flyers canucks all tied at 59 points for 7,8,9th.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:42 am
BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:46 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:15 pm Ducks vs Nucks tonight for those scoreboard watchers. Ducks have 50 points and Canucks 57, two behind the Blues
Chicago lost but Ducks and Canucks just went to OT. Go Ducks?

Oops i meant Go Canucks. And they did win.

Three point game! Blues flyers canucks all tied at 59 points for 7,8,9th.
We have a game in hand on the Flyers and 'Nucks, so we're actually in 9th right now. Still, it'd be nice to increase our lottery chances, even if only by 1-1.5%.

Dave's a mess wrote:
BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:54 am Total no brainer. My question is why they hired him in the first place.
That's the correct take. Fletcher did about as well as everyone outside the Philly decision making team thought he would.
Was he previously in Minnesota? Is that the guy I'm thinking of? Firing 2 Gm's in like what, less than 5 years. That means your fucked up.

BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:27 am
Dave's a mess wrote:
BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:54 am Total no brainer. My question is why they hired him in the first place.
That's the correct take. Fletcher did about as well as everyone outside the Philly decision making team thought he would.
Was he previously in Minnesota? Is that the guy I'm thinking of? Firing 2 Gm's in like what, less than 5 years. That means your fucked up.
Yeah, he was in Minnesota and drove that team off the rails.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:50 pm I don’t know what I just watched but whatever this is called should not be in hockey

He quite clearly regretted his decision right around the time he was literally trying to slap Reaves. I'm pretty sure Reaves felt bad for the guy, and to his credit, may have become the first player to decisively win a fight without throwing a single punch.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:39 am Yeah, Reaves played with him. He was chuckling at the end there. Pretty cool how he was so cool and relaxed.
Yeah, Reaves just seems like a good guy.

Theres two types of tough guys in the league. The type like Ryan Reaves who knows no one can really mess with him but he still respects the players on the ice and doesn't use that knowledge to be dirty and the player that knows he can kick most guys asses and decides to play beyond the lines and says "what are you gunna do about it?" - Tom Wilson.