Re: News and Games around the NHL

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:11 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:38 pm Say what you will about the Blues chemistry this season, but it could be going worse...
That’s not a penalty…. But maybe it should be.
Reminds me on YEARS ago when a Blues player coming back to the bench slammed his stick on the top of the boards but ended up breaking the hand of a teammate who was testing their hand on it. Can’t remember the players involved
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:28 pmWho's going to claim him?
I saw then-17 year old Tolvanen skate with the Sioux City Musketeers in the USHL's 2016 Fall Classic West pre-season tourney in Omaha. His play (passing, positioning, vision of the ice) was head & shoulders above any other player among the 8 participating Tier 1 junior teams, and I remember him being hyped as a can't-miss NHL-er that season (picked #30 overall by NSH in the 2017 entry draft). But since then, his most productive years have been with the Preds' AHL affiliate Milwaukee Admirals. BOTTOM LINE: Unless Eeli has a reserve of can't-miss-ness left in him, it won't matter much which team (if any) picks him up.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:23 pm
I saw then-17 year old Tolvanen skate with the Sioux City Musketeers in the USHL's 2016 Fall Classic West pre-season tourney in Omaha. His play (passing, positioning, vision of the ice) was head & shoulders above any other player among the 8 participating Tier 1 junior teams, and I remember him being hyped as a can't-miss NHL-er that season (picked #30 overall by NSH in the 2017 entry draft). But since then, his most productive years have been with the Preds' AHL affiliate Milwaukee Admirals. BOTTOM LINE: Unless Eeli has a reserve of can't-miss-ness left in him, it won't matter much which team (if any) picks him up.
Interesting. Thanks for the scouting report. There are a lot of people on Twitter hyping all the analytics of his play who feel he has been a victim of "bad luck" or misuse by the Press.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:30 pm
Interesting. Thanks for the scouting report. There are a lot of people on Twitter hyping all the analytics of his play who feel he has been a victim of "bad luck" or misuse by the Press.
Any time you find yourself beginning a sentence with: "There are a lot of people on Twitter ..." just finish it with a period & move on.

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:51 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:30 pm
Any time you find yourself beginning a sentence with: "There are a lot of people on Twitter ..." just finish it with a period & move on.
I remember drunkenly hollering at the Blues to take him at 31 at the draft that year. The kind man in front of me pointed out that the Preds already had. I'm surprised that he fizzled out after a hot start. I figured if he washed out it would be an immediate thing without any success at the NHL level. Odd that he flashed so well early before petering out.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

T.C. wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:13 am What an absolute monster. He’s such a legend. He’s going to break records thought to be unbreakable. Still seems like he doesn’t get talked about enough.
Prob cause he's russian and western media only likes north americans (imho of course)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:16 am
T.C. wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:13 am What an absolute monster. He’s such a legend. He’s going to break records thought to be unbreakable. Still seems like he doesn’t get talked about enough.
Prob cause he's russian and western media only likes north americans (imho of course)
That definitely has something to do with it. The Russian passing Howe and Gretzky. He has a legit shot at being the first human to ever live to score 900 goals in the NHL. It wouldn't be in doubt if it wasn't for the covid season. It's truly incredible, especially considering he hasn't played in the most high scoring era by any stretch.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:54 pm
That definitely has something to do with it. The Russian passing Howe and Gretzky. He has a legit shot at being the first human to ever live to score 900 goals in the NHL. It wouldn't be in doubt if it wasn't for the covid season. It's truly incredible, especially considering he hasn't played in the most high scoring era by any stretch.
Also missed out on his entire rookie season and the half lockout season
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:54 pm
Also missed out on his entire rookie season and the half lockout season