GDT: SCF Game 6: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Thurs 6/9

It's here! 52 year's in the making, the day has arrived. The team has put in the work. The city has lathered itself into a frenzy. Many teams have gotten into this position over the years, but absolutely none of them have taken this route. The leaders have led. A new coach gave this group an identity, and a kid from nowhere stabilized the biggest question mark on the roster. It will by no means be easy, but this group has met every challenge they've faced so far this season. 52 years. Stanley is here. Let's keep him around for a while.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: GDT: SCF Game 6: St Louis Blues at Boston - 7:00 - NBC - Thurs 6/9

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:16 am It's here! 52 year's in the making, the day has arrived. The team has put in the work. The city has lathered itself into a frenzy. Many teams have gotten into this position over the years, but absolutely none of them have taken this route. The leaders have led. A new coach gave this group an identity, and a kid from nowhere stabilized the biggest question mark on the roster. It will by no means be easy, but this group has met every challenge they've faced so far this season. 52 years. Stanley is here. Let's keep him around for a while.
One more FTP to post in this Playoffs would be great as hell 8-)

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm It’s been a wild journey this season. I’ve enjoyed the ride with you fellas. I hope it ends tonight
my wife, kids, coworkers, neighbors, friends, and my heart hope the Blues play their last game of the season tonight too!

Wife will be making her lucky nachos tonight...just like Game 7 vs Stars and Game 6 vs Sharks :twisted:

Let's GO BLUES!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Tonight is the night. The night we’ve been waiting for, many of us for a very long time. Much like before our last Game 6, my mind has been more with the guys that came before than with this current group.

Go out there tonight, boys, and take this for yourselves. It is your destiny. But remember how you got here, who paved the way for you, and who has been there supporting you through all the ups and downs.

Win it for you.
Win it for your family, for your friends and for all the coaches and billets that have helped you along the way.
Win it for us, one of the longest suffering fan bases in sports, who have been there through the good times and the bad.
Win it for the Solomons, who had a dream that willed this wonderful franchise into existence.

Win it for Barclay. Win it for Gasser. Win it for Wick. Win it for Pavol. Win it for Dan.

Win it for Bernie and Sudsy. Win it for Walt. Though they’ve found glory elsewhere, win it for Hully and Chopper.

Win it for Ari. Win it for Laila.

Win it for Tom, the best owner in sports.

But most of all, win it for Bobby. Bobby IS the Blues. More than you. More than us. More than anyone who has played for, coached, owned or supported this team. Bobby is the Blues. Win it for him, and let him stand on the bench (or the ice) and lift that glorious chalice to the rafters of his home rink and give him the reward he has deserved for almost 52 years.

Then play Gloria.

MissouriMook wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:23 pm Tonight is the night. The night we’ve been waiting for, many of us for a very long time. Much like before our last Game 6, my mind has been more with the guys that came before than with this current group.

Go out there tonight, boys, and take this for yourselves. It is your destiny. But remember how you got here, who paved the way for you, and who has been there supporting you through all the ups and downs.

Win it for you.
Win it for your family, for your friends and for all the coaches and billets that have helped you along the way.
Win it for us, one of the longest suffering fan bases in sports, who have been there through the good times and the bad.
Win it for the Solomons, who had a dream that willed this wonderful franchise into existence.

Win it for Barclay. Win it for Gasser. Win it for Wick. Win it for Pavol. Win it for Dan.

Win it for Bernie and Sudsy. Win it for Walt. Though they’ve found glory elsewhere, win it for Hully and Chopper.

But most of all, win it for Bobby. Bobby IS the Blues. More than you. More than us. More than anyone who has played for, coached, owned or supported this team. Bobby is the Blues. Win it for him, and let him stand on the bench (or the ice) and lift that glorious chalice to the rafters of his home rink and give him the reward he has deserved for almost 52 years.

Then play Gloria.
If the Blues complete this journey and win the Cup, I hope that there is some way that Petro will hand the Cup off to Bobby first. That man deserves it. It would be poetic justice if that's how it works out. Hand the Cup to Bobby immediately. After he has his trip, back to Petro and then the current team can have their turn.

I don't know what the odds are of that happening, but it would only seem the right thing to do. At least in my mind it is.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:50 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:23 pm Tonight is the night. The night we’ve been waiting for, many of us for a very long time. Much like before our last Game 6, my mind has been more with the guys that came before than with this current group.

Win it for you.

Then play Gloria.
If the Blues complete this journey and win the Cup, I hope that there is some way that Petro will hand the Cup off to Bobby first. That man deserves it. It would be poetic justice if that's how it works out. Hand the Cup to Bobby immediately. After he has his trip, back to Petro and then the current team can have their turn.

I don't know what the odds are of that happening, but it would only seem the right thing to do. At least in my mind it is.
That's the way I want it too. Nobody deserves it more then Bobby