Question about next season...

I’m a Blues fan since 1999. I was born and raised in Switzerland. German is my native language, so don’t be shocked because of my uncommon English.

Perhaps some of you know me from the STLToday forum. The last two years I used to do the FTP (from their perspective)-threads over there after a Blues win. The comments of the other team’s fans always came from HFBoards. I put them together, removed redundant and repeating comments and posted them in an FTP-thread on the STLToday forum.

Since the new GDPR regulation by the EU, the STLToday forum seems to not work anymore for users from Europe, including Switzerland. I’m glad it’s the only north American website I regularly visit, which doesn’t work correctly since that new regulation. It seems HFBoards and this forum had no trouble regarding the new GDPR regulation, for example.

I already knew this forum for a while, but I rarely visited. Just because of the simple reason, that one Blues forum is enough for me and I already knew the STLToday forum for almost 10 years. Since I can no longer connect to the other forum, I changed to this forum to read the Blues news and opinion of other Blues fans here.

That was a short explanation of the situation. Now, my question is, would you like to have those FTP-threads posted here? Let me know, if I should put those threads together and post them here during the upcoming season.

Below is the first part of such an FTP-thread, as example. Listed are the first 5 revised Canucks-HFBoards-GDT pages from the Blues win against the Canucks (12/23/2017):

Page number: 1

7-4 Blues
virt, boeser (2) and Edler score

damn those are some pretty xmas lights
I should prolly go downtown a couple times this week and check out all the decorations

Boeser moarrr

Canucks win because it's Christmas

Would be nice to see Virtanen rewarded with some PP time in this one. Granlund missed a boatload of tap ins vs SJ and got benched, while Virtanen had his best game of the season.
All in all - hope for a good effort and some goals.

From Mexico i give my best to the Canucks to crush the Crummy Blues. Calling it 5-3 Nucks goals by Boeser (2) Henrick Vanek and the Stetchster

I don't know why... I just always assumed you were Asian.
Mexican it is.
Hola!

Its the Blues.
We have a funny history with em.
Beat them in the playoffs coming back from 1-3...
Then they beat us 4 straight times in a reg season when they were the worst team in the league costing us playoff spot...
Then we owned them for awhile when they got good.
We seemed to show well vs them then enjoy a predictable late game Backes tantrum on the regular.

Too bad Backes ain't there no more haha, I love seeing the team trolling that idiot on ice.
We do tend to play well against the Blues. But with this tattered line up, I just hope that we won't get beaten into a bloody pulp.
4-2 Blues.
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LET BB GET HURT AGAIN

More like costing Nonis his job (unless I have the years wrong).

Dots da joke.

Loved me some late game Backes tantrum. Final minute, game way out of reach, and here comes Backes. Every time.

Unrelated to anything but ,
I saw Tanev/ Markstrom at West oak last night !

Hutton back in...Canucks dressing 7 D.

This should be a spanking.
6-2 Blues
Boeser and Loui.

why not take out stecher. and biega keeps his position. hes been solid.

is there anyway to keep Biega for foreseeable season? love the energy he brings

Canucks are sad to watch. (Make love)'em.

Why on earth would we play the player who has been our best defender in the past few games (and one of our best whenever he's in the lineup this year) at forward?

You really are the best/worst.

Page number: 2

Haha sorry should HAVE been The Stechster i guess haha

Just need Brock points.
We are 2 points ahead of where we were at this point last year. Team improved 0. Adding Gagner, MDZ, Vanek etc .... no progress. We aren't getting better at all, just another year older.
Just wanna see a Canuck win the Calder please. Barzal doesn't seem to wanna go away ..... although a lot of his points are secondary assists in the PP but if it's close it's gojng to MB because he plays on the east coast.

One of these teams is due for the old 'pre-Xmas', 'flat as a pancake' game. Fear it could be the Canucks.....but could also be the Blues who've been on the road for awhile.....Who's in goal for St. Loo? Jake Allen?.....they need to get to him early.

According to sports club stats, we have a 4% chance of making the playoffs and trending downwards and it's not even Xmas.
Seats are getting emptier abs emptier at Rogers.
Very sad.

Is Goldy in

Yeah. Give him spot duty on the fourth line sometimes... like they're doing now... possibly.
I suggested it in the last GDT... guess Benning reads HF.

st. louis is low-key one of the most well-run organizations in the league and i hope it's either them or nashville representing the west in the SCF

Ah Rosebud... you so crazy.

Nope I think they are actually going to play a 7th dman over him, with Dowd in too

Do you do this on purpose to mess with us?

Seen some speculation that Boeser could trigger a $200k bonus with his 20th.
That would be better than my bonus by an order of magnitude or so, haha.

Tonight I'll spit some Christmas music on here, starting off with Run DMC's classic "Christmas in Hollis"

Or in your case, very pleasing.

Keeps the kids scoring and the loses piling and I'll be alright.

All I want for hfchristmas is boeser's 20th

Off to xmas party. Good luck tankers, Benningbros, and others. Merry xmas folks.

But burmi Boucher and dowd played last game

you dont need a gun rosebud, you need me.

pretty sure we need to tank for dahlin or that russian guy...lol.

Page number: 3

They should have just sat Gud/Stecher/Pouliot and put Hutton back in.

the cukliner strikes again

The area in front of the net is called the "blue ice area"

Bob Cole lives? Wow.
Sounds different.

84 and a half

We get Bob Cole?! THE MAN

jesus christ those empty seats

Bob Cole...he's a legend but it's time to retire.

We have better things to do than watch a late rerun of another late 90's Canucks team squander on the ice. Us HF folks have nothin better to do.

I get you don't wanna be be predictable and pass it to Boeser every PP but one attempted pass to an open Boeser in a 1:30 would be nice

we gettin bob coal for christmas

I could say the same thing about the Sedins

I think Bob Cole's best work was the 1993 SCF

lmao Goldobin-Granlund-Biega. What the hell is that?

Is Jake using a Boeser stick again?

PLAYOFF PUSH 2018

Quality depth on a playoff team

I see what you did there.

Page number: 4

Jesus, there's like 73 people there.

Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals from 1993, Bob Coles finest hour.

Not much is better than watching hockey and listening to Bob cole

If only Boeser had Virtanen's wheels

for me bob cole peaked a while ago
Jim Hughson will never get old tho

10 minutes mark. Goal against coming up!

Also I would bet my rum and eggnog we let in a PP goal today. Any takers?

Haha literally so bad it's funny.

75* Benning and Linden should be there watching what they're paid to fix even if they want to get their last minute Christmas shopping done.

B.B. shot is so good he backs off defenders and they just watch him until a trailer comes for him to pass to!

I like Boeser with Vanek

What the hell kinda goal...

Everyone's out shopping or doing something else.
We do have options instead of watching hockey, this ain't the prairies.

Yikes.. that was a weak one.
I love bob Cole but he has no idea who 90% of the guys on the ice are

I think there are more people on this thread than in the arena.

Our goaltenders stink diddly-ink.

Lmao did Bob fall asleep there?

Marky can't even stop a 50 foot backhand

Page number: 5

I just want to hear Bob Cole announce.

Jacob............ markstrom

Ever since Horvat went down, team forgot to play defense.

Soft goal CHECK
Goal around halfway thru 1st CHECK
PP goal against ..... give me an hour.

I would check with Sam Bennett on that .

Both teams look like complete dog****

How the **** did that not go in lol

Great seeing Markus Granlund not being rewarded there for his crap play all year.

Nick Dowd and Brendan Gaunce wouldn't make my beer league team.

This has to be one of the quietest crowds I've ever heard on a Saturday.

Should have sold high. What a twink

It's Christmas weekend, there's alot of things to do in and around the city.
Why watch this monstrosity of Rhino sewage.

Ya their IQs are prob too high

They're double shifting Boeser already.

Not surprising that they didn't. They always sell low and buy high

I didn't hear a single cheer when we were awarded the PP lol

It's so cold in the D

Lol they're showing the save % of the goalies as the reason they're losing.
1 fringe starter and a backup need to have Vezina numbers to give this team a shot at winning.
You don't say....

How did Dowd get "unwaived" out of the faceoff?

whacks down hard on his stick? he missed his stick.. lol

But when the goalies were carrying a lame ass team it was a great team so effort.

Re: Question about next season...

Welcome. You’ll probably find quite a few familiar people over here, as most of us moved from over there thanks to the great purge a few years back.

As for FTPs, I don’t think we had anyone doing them regularly last season. I think stlblues1226 did them for awhile. You could certainly start doing them though, we’ll all enjoy them. At least I know I will.

Welcome to Blues News Forum, Harri. As long as you get the thumbs up from our Board owner, T.C., I'd say you are free to entertain us with the FTP threads come October (and beyond). I know they've had a following on The Asylum, so you should find an interested audience here. It's a shame what's happening to internet access in response to on-going data breaches, but their loss would be our gain - at least until BNF is blocked by the EU. :?

Wilkommen bei unser Forum, Harri! Yes, it's frustrating that some US websites are no longer available here in Europe. It's probably better for me that now I can't be tempted to waste time sometimes posting on The PD/St. Louis Today Forum, and periodically looking there, hoping that they'll put in some controls on trolling.

Glad to have you here.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Welcome. You’ll probably find quite a few familiar people over here, as most of us moved from over there thanks to the great purge a few years back.

As for FTPs, I don’t think we had anyone doing them regularly last season. I think stlblues1226 did them for awhile. You could certainly start doing them though, we’ll all enjoy them. At least I know I will.
I did do them for a while, but work got in the way. I wasn't always able to spend the time needed to put them together until a day or two later.

I do miss doing them, a bit. And I would love to see them again.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Thank you all for this nice welcome! IMO this is a good forum. Some very good posters are around here.

Thanks for your input regarding the font color, T.C.
In the Asylum, the font color for ironic messages is blue, so I thought this would be the same (or something similar) here.
And thank you for your work for running this forum, T.C.! It’s a good place for Blues fans.

Regarding the FTPs: Ok, that sounds good to me. I will post the FTP-threads here during the upcoming season.
A couple of years ago, the forum members who always posted the FTP-threads complained about how much work it needed to create them. 2 years ago, I wrote a program to read all the posts of an HFBoards thread and put it into a text file. A GDT takes with my program about one minute to be ready to be posted as FTP-thread here. It needs a little bit work reading through the whole thing and remove the redundant and repeating comments. But, with this instrument, I could create the FTP-threads for the STLToday forum in 10 to 40 minutes (depending on the number of pages) for the last two years.

As additional info, because this is a common question from other Blues fans, here is the reason why I’m a Blues-fan:
The people in my country like to follow sport teams. So do I. It doesn’t matter in which league the teams play. The time I became a Blues fan, I already liked hockey and visited almost every home game of my hometown team.
I started following the Blues because of the good old EA Sports NHL 97/98 games. After trying to play with some different teams I stayed with the Blues as my favorite team, for some reason. After that, I started following the Blues more and more in reality too.

To the Switzerland questions/replies: I’m living in the eastern part of the country, barcthespark. Although it’s a very small country, there are a lot of cities I’ve never (or only handful times) been to in my life. The last time I was in Basel was on July 4th in 2014 because of a Metallica concert in the St. Jakob-Park.
I love our country. It’s small but has a lot of beautiful places to visit as a tourist. So, if somebody is going to plan a travel to Switzerland for holidays or a business trip, send me a PM, if you like to get some information about our country. I’m not working in the tourism business, but I guess I could answer many questions :)

If "The Asylum" dealt with its trolls, the number of posts/views would probably drop by about 60%, and any ad revenue they get along with it.

Switzerland, eh? Been one of my favorite European countries since I did a school project on Switzerland back in middle school!

Speaking of Switzerland and hockey, I'm trying to decide between drafting Nico Hischier and Matthew Barzal in my fantasy league in a month or two (Brock Boesser is almost certainly going #1 overall). I'm leaning heavily towards Hischier, especially in the longer term. Any insights into his game?

Welcome aboard!

CaptSMRT wrote:From Our Perspective: Welcome to the club
Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse... you had to get all punny. :P

Harri, welcome to THE forum. I always liked to see the other team's butthurt fans cry. So, please, create those FTP threads for the upcoming season.

It is also best to stay away from the other forum which must not be named.

P.S. - I use "/s" at the end of a sarcastic post to notate sarcasm. That's how it is on reddit at least.

Harri McBain wrote:
barnburner wrote:Harri, are you anywhere near Oberwald?
Well, not really. It would take 2 to 3 hours to get me there driving by car.
Have you been there before?

BTW Oberwald is in the Canton of Valais. Nico Hischier comes from that Canton.
It was back in the 80s. My son was stationed in Germany, so we flew over, and he took leave. We toured Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Went down route 19, over the Furka Pass, and spent the night in the Furka Hotel in Oberwald. From the outside it didnt look like much, but wow. It was wonderful! Real feather mattresses in all the rooms, Authentic Knotty Pine walls, and the food in their restaurant was great!
We ordered a Bananna splits for desert. We each got what I'd call a turkey platter, filled with banannas, ice cream ,etc., AND...... topped off with piles and piles of real, authentic Swiss chocolate! Never, ever, have I tasted anything that wonderful again!