The Blues' projected lineup:

Jaden Schwartz-Brayden Schenn-Vladimir Tarasenko
Patrik Berglund-Kyle Brodziak-Alexander Steen
Dmitrij Jaskin-Vladimir Sobotka-Tage Thompson
Nikita Soshnikov-Ivan Barbashev-Chris Thorburn

Joel Edmundson-Alex Pietrangelo
Vince Dunn-Colton Parayko
Chris Butler-Robert Bortuzzo

Jake Allen will start in goal; Carter Hutton will be the backup.

Healthy scratches are projected to include Ville Husso, Mitch Reinke, Nolan Stevens and Oskar Sundqvist. Jordan Schmaltz (upper body) is day to day, Scottie Upshall (lacerated kidney) is out indefinitely and Jay Bouwmeester (hip), Robby Fabbri (knee) and Carl Gunnarsson (knee) are out for the season.

- - -

The Avalanche's projected lineup:

Gabriel Landeskog-Nathan MacKinnon-Mikko Rantanen
Sven Andrighetto-Alexander Kerfoot-Tyson Jost
Matt Nieto-Carl Soderberg-Blake Comeau
Colin Wilson-J.T. Compher-Gabriel Bourque

Nikita Zadorov-Tyson Barrie
Patrik Nemeth-Samuel Girard
Mark Barberio-David Warsofsky

Jonathan Bernier will start in goal; Andrew Hammond will be the backup.

Healthy scratches include Mark Alt, Nail Yakupov, Duncan Siemens, Dominic Toninato, Anton Lindholm and Vladislav Kamenev. Semyon Varlamov (knee) and Erik Johnson (knee) are out.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: Blues @ Colorado - 8:00CST - FSMW

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hutton at the first sign of trouble. With Varlamov out, the Blues got a good shot at winning today, otherwise I wouldn't count on it.

This talk about just needing 1 point is like the worst thing IMO. If the Blues step on the ice thinking they just need 1 point then they will lose the game.

I'll go ahead and predict that if Tarasenko scores tonight that the Blues will win. I don't know what the stats are, but I bet the Blues winning pct. is over .700 when Tarasenko scores.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
BillP wrote:
I'll go ahead and predict that if Tarasenko scores tonight that the Blues will win. I don't know what the stats are, but I bet the Blues winning pct. is over .700 when Tarasenko scores.
18-9. 66.7%
Thanks! I knew someone would do the homework for me. So I was off a litte. Gee, I really thought it would be higher than that, like maybe even .750.

BillP wrote:
BillP wrote:
18-9. 66.7%
Thanks! I knew someone would do the homework for me. So I was off a litte. Gee, I really thought it would be higher than that, like maybe even .750.
You were pretty much dead on until the Washington and Hawks games this week where Tarasenko scored and the Blues lost both games. Those two games took the win % from 72% to the current 66.7%

BillP wrote:
18-9. 66.7%
You were pretty much dead on until the Washington and Hawks games this week where Tarasenko scored and the Blues lost both games. Those two games took the win % from 72% to the current 66.7%
Thanks! Too bad the Blues don't have a legitimate 2nd line cause I really think Tarasenko would of bounced back and had a strong playoff this year with Schwartz and Schenn on his line. But with no legitimate 2nd line, that might be too much to expect this year if the team makes it.

Jaskin with 202 hits in 75 games this year. Nice job kid. I noticed he had 191 shots attempted 3 years ago when he had 13 goals in 54 games. This year in 75 games he has 206, so the shots per game is less. This kid should be spending countless hours with his perimeter shot and actually develop one. Do the coaches tell him to do this and work with him? The kid could be a lot better IMO.

BillP wrote:Jaskin with 202 hits in 75 games this year. Nice job kid. I noticed he had 191 shots attempted 3 years ago when he had 13 goals in 54 games. This year in 75 games he has 206, so the shots per game is less. This kid should be spending countless hours with his perimeter shot and actually develop one. Do the coaches tell him to do this and work with him? The kid could be a lot better IMO.
Why don't they have MacInnis work with him on his slapper and long wrister? And, Hull could work with him on getting operating room and finding the open space in the slot and getting of his shot close in. Tarasenko could also help him with his wrister.

Robb_K wrote:
BillP wrote:Jaskin with 202 hits in 75 games this year. Nice job kid. I noticed he had 191 shots attempted 3 years ago when he had 13 goals in 54 games. This year in 75 games he has 206, so the shots per game is less. This kid should be spending countless hours with his perimeter shot and actually develop one. Do the coaches tell him to do this and work with him? The kid could be a lot better IMO.
Why don't they have MacInnis work with him on his slapper and long wrister? And, Hull could work with him on getting operating room and finding the open space in the slot and getting of his shot close in. Tarasenko could also help him with his wrister.
Who's to say they haven't? Hull and MacInnis are former hockey players, not miracle workers.

Robb_K wrote:
Who's to say they haven't? Hull and MacInnis are former hockey players, not miracle workers.
And... Hull was known for his lack of patience with young players who don't have his skills.