Re: GDT: Blues @ Las Veges - 9:30 - FSMW

wannabebluesplayer wrote:Glad Thompson is coming out because 4th line minutes aren't good for the kid. At this point, maybe send him back down to the AHL. As much as I love Scottie Upshall, I have a feeling the Blues will be killing off at least 1 dumb penalty by him tonight.
Dumb penalty incoming!

Hopefully Scotty doesn't drag us down tonight.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:I was looking at some Blues stats and only 5 forwards are a plus this season. Schenn, Tarasenko, and Schwartz are the obvious ones. The other two Brodz(+10) and Jaskin (+8)

I think Jaskin is really carving out his role in this league. A grinding big, tough bottom 6 forward.
Jaskin has always been a plus player and his puck possession numbers have always been strong. Was always in this kids corner, thought he could be a 15 goal, 35 point, 200 hit guy. But the kid doesn't have a perimeter shot for the NHL and he struggles to score. So, in a sense I'm disappointed in him because he could of done more but yeah, his profile is definitely getting defined and he should stick around in the league for a while as a bottom 6 contributor who is fundamentally sound and brings some size with it.

I agree with your points on Jaskin. He put up big numbers in the QMJHL, but he doesn't have the quickness to be a bigger scorer in the NHL. Much like Rattie, his great hands and numbers don't translate to a lot of success at this level, because he doesn't have a lot of quickness or small-area separation. I wouldn't classify him as someone who has great vision either. So, use your strengths....

If he skates north and south (as he's done for the latter half of this year) and decides to throw his body around, he can be effective as a fourth liner.

When he starts trying to act like Schwartz, he gets himself into trouble.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:I was looking at some Blues stats and only 5 forwards are a plus this season. Schenn, Tarasenko, and Schwartz are the obvious ones. The other two Brodz(+10) and Jaskin (+8)

I think Jaskin is really carving out his role in this league. A grinding big, tough bottom 6 forward.
Blais and Soshnikov are each plus 1, granted, neither have been with the team for the whole year. Thompson's team-worst -10 isn't pretty, especially considered he's only played in half the games.

Great pace to the first period. This one is going to be fun!

The PP continues to be a disaster. I don't understand how we can play so well 5 on 5 and so bad with the man advantage.

The first period has been a weakness for the Knights lately, so I expect them to come out strong in the 2nd. The Blues will really have to weather the storm.

Great to see so many Blues fans in attendance tonight. Even heard some Let's Go Blues chants get started.

LET'S GO BLUES!!!

Robb_K wrote:What has Karlsson being eating??? He's NEVER ever scored a lot of goals, in Sweden, The AHL, Ducks or Jackets. How does he go crazy and score 41 with 5 more games to add to them????? :eek: Why can't The Blues have a sleeper like that? Now we need Blais to score 41 next season!
The kid is a +42, he scored 6 goals last year, that my friends is the definition of "break out year".