Re: Former Blues Talk Members

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:
foofighter wrote:Just got out of hospital I was in for a week. Triad on my left knee.

That's amazing. You're a very fortunate man. I would cut off a toe to spend five minutes with Mr. Howe.
What would you cut off to spend five minutes with foofighter?
Definitely not his ignore function. :P

I'm posting a little on both sites, as I enjoy the banter during the game; It has been like watching a game with friends. Most of us posters are just good Blues fans with that common goal to see the team win a lot and reach the Cup Finals, then finally see the Blues players skate with the Cup. However, you may consider me prudish, but I am turned off by the "suck me (body part)" references and the frequently used "F" and "sh"words thrown around too casually. I thought the purpose of this Board would be to "clean" it up! That would include language. I thought people were trying to escape the "dirty" comments ("BGF" as an example) which had no business being on a hockey talk site, posters who make repetitive statements just to stir up disagreement (anti Elliott "garbage"), and perhaps some of the visual "aids" which bordered on inappropriate. I've talked hockey enough with my young grandkids to get them interested in my team, and was hoping to have discovered a Blues talk site which they could participate with me in and to read the revolving discussions (other topics) about their favorite team and other teams, along with participating in the GDT. Let me summarize by saying that I am positive you each are well meaning individuals, and definitely intelligent hockey fans, with very good and knowledgable opinions that I've read and tried to conscientiously respond to. I am sure we could sit together at a Blues game and have a great time, but really, would you use the same language at the hockey game in front of the young and old, that you fellows post on this site? Don't you want to build up the Forum to draw in more hockey fans? So I am on the fence posting a little on both sites because we share something in common. I didn't intend to shame anyone, but to encourage you to post as if your mother was reading the threads.

Russd14 wrote:I'm posting a little on both sites, as I enjoy the banter during the game; It has been like watching a game with friends. Most of us posters are just good Blues fans with that common goal to see the team win a lot and reach the Cup Finals, then finally see the Blues players skate with the Cup. However, you may consider me prudish, but I am turned off by the "suck me (body part)" references and the frequently used "F" and "sh"words thrown around too casually. I thought the purpose of this Board would be to "clean" it up! That would include language. I thought people were trying to escape the "dirty" comments ("BGF" as an example) which had no business being on a hockey talk site, posters who make repetitive statements just to stir up disagreement (anti Elliott "garbage"), and perhaps some of the visual "aids" which bordered on inappropriate. I've talked hockey enough with my young grandkids to get them interested in my team, and was hoping to have discovered a Blues talk site which they could participate with me in and to read the revolving discussions (other topics) about their favorite team and other teams, along with participating in the GDT. Let me summarize by saying that I am positive you each are well meaning individuals, and definitely intelligent hockey fans, with very good and knowledgable opinions that I've read and tried to conscientiously respond to. I am sure we could sit together at a Blues game and have a great time, but really, would you use the same language at the hockey game in front of the young and old, that you fellows post on this site? Don't you want to build up the Forum to draw in more hockey fans? So I am on the fence posting a little on both sites because we share something in common. I didn't intend to shame anyone, but to encourage you to post as if your mother was reading the threads.
I guess there's nothing wrong with every person having their own desires for how they wish the internet was.

i don't go hang out at churches, certainly not going to do so at a virtual one. my wife continually refuses to look more like jennifer lawrence, too. that being said, i will be implementing an optional language filter as i know some folks have issues with this at their places of business. you could use that if you can't handle it. but i prefer real language. however you would talk around your friends, feel free to talk that way here. we are all adults, and contrary to what internet activists might believe, words cannot actually hurt you. if they do and you are a sensitive sort, this probably isn't the place for you.

Thanks for the input and upcoming filter. I had thought one big purpose of creating this site was to get away from the sex talk (about the players wives etc.) on a hockey talk site-particularly that the moderators did not stop that after the first couple of postings. That got out of hand for weeks! So I thought a " family friendly " site was being formed. I'll l see how the filter works , but I can't rely on kids to have the filter on their electronic devices, so having "adult language" is each individual's choice and I too believe in personal freedom. The posters who jumped over here have good hockey sense so I'll continue to check it out.

Russd14 wrote:I'm posting a little on both sites, as I enjoy the banter during the game; It has been like watching a game with friends. Most of us posters are just good Blues fans with that common goal to see the team win a lot and reach the Cup Finals, then finally see the Blues players skate with the Cup. However, you may consider me prudish, but I am turned off by the "suck me (body part)" references and the frequently used "F" and "sh"words thrown around too casually. I thought the purpose of this Board would be to "clean" it up! That would include language. I thought people were trying to escape the "dirty" comments ("BGF" as an example) which had no business being on a hockey talk site, posters who make repetitive statements just to stir up disagreement (anti Elliott "garbage"), and perhaps some of the visual "aids" which bordered on inappropriate. I've talked hockey enough with my young grandkids to get them interested in my team, and was hoping to have discovered a Blues talk site which they could participate with me in and to read the revolving discussions (other topics) about their favorite team and other teams, along with participating in the GDT. Let me summarize by saying that I am positive you each are well meaning individuals, and definitely intelligent hockey fans, with very good and knowledgable opinions that I've read and tried to conscientiously respond to. I am sure we could sit together at a Blues game and have a great time, but really, would you use the same language at the hockey game in front of the young and old, that you fellows post on this site? Don't you want to build up the Forum to draw in more hockey fans? So I am on the fence posting a little on both sites because we share something in common. I didn't intend to shame anyone, but to encourage you to post as if your mother was reading the threads.
Russd14, while I respect your opinion I feel the need to correct something that you seem to have misunderstood. The reason most of us left 'that other place' was not because of the 'adult' content in the gif thread. It was because the moderators randomly banned some solid posters for posting in that thread while leaving trolls (bleeder/version) and perverts (BGF) behind to drag that place down even further. Speaking for myself here, I wanted a place that had reasonable moderation that wouldn't allow trolls to ruin every thread by hijacking them. Here we are adults and talk and act like normal adults (not politically correct zombies). I just wanted good hockey talk and some adult fun at times as well. I appreciate the freedom to drop an F bomb here and there, too. This board has been around a while. Click on the members link under User Menu and you will see that there were about 15 members before the exodus from 'over there' happened.

I don't visit these places while working (because I'm in my car most of the time) so that isn't an issue for me. I also have no kids/grand kids, so again, I'm in a different boat than you are. I have no problem if T.C. as Big Man On Campus ;) decides to 'turn on' a language fiter, I will just choose not to use it.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!