Re: #1 Place on the internet for Blues hockey.

warpig2003 wrote:
You are a hostile person.
Heck. Maybe this will get as crazy as Blues Talk.

I am hostile because I said and think people would gravitate back there. Wow.

In regards to Bradley....

I never said I hope this place fails or anything like that. I commented that people would end up going back. Not sure why people are getting so worked up over that.

I would apologize if there was something wrong or so hurtful with that statement. If I end up being wrong it's no big deal. It for sure wont be the first time and I can guarantee it wont be the last.

I thought the thread was awesome it was one of the largest threads to date in that forum. When Mike Smith IP banned me and I emailed him to let him know that I am fine you banned me I posted am image it was all fun. Although the issue is you banned individuals that just commented in that thread.

I asked him what warranted him to go into the forum and view the thread and start banning people. I said everyone was fine with the thread and his response back was he received a complaints specifically on that thread. I then responded back to him telling him this is my last question I said did you get complaint or complaints..he said numerous complaints.

I hope in this forum if there is a thread that an individual or individuals have an issue with I hope we can all come together and discuss it and move forward and not get individuals banned.

looking forward to the new forum again I like the format it looks really good.

STLBlueshistory wrote:
warpig2003 wrote:

I never said I hope this place fails or anything like that. I commented that people would end up going back. Not sure why people are getting so worked up over that.

I would apologize if there was something wrong or so hurtful with that statement. If I end up being wrong it's no big deal. It for sure wont be the first time and I can guarantee it wont be the last.
You are the only one getting worked up...

STLBlueshistory wrote:
warpig2003 wrote:

as i said, all good...bad habit of jumping in, and I'm a bit hostile this evening as it is myself

maybe i should go take it out on some of those Blues Talk bitches :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: and here we go... :lol:

beaver, I didn't see anything in his statement 'attacking' your posting ability, just a difference of opinion. yet here you go with the BS again.

This ain't my forum and I have no say here, but I would hope that any previous vendettas that were held over at the old forum remain there. IF you're so confident this forum will become history beaver, then that's your opinion. Considering that 90% of the posters I interact with and respect are over here, I am fairly confident it will last.

I hope you continue to give it a shot since you did take the time to register here :)

For the record, I've 'lurked' over there as well. As I mentioned a few times, I truly hope this doesn't become an 'us vs them' situation. Folks want to stay there...great. Folks want to be here....great. Folks want to post in both places...great. Why should it matter?

Peace.
Well said.

I registered here mostly to see what happens.

I'm happy to have a fresh start. Clearly I've been very volatile on BluesTalk and I'd like to keep things to just discussing the Blues.

Probably the best lesson we all can learn from BluesTalk is that if we entertain the trolls/obvious instigators then things will go downhill quickly.

Probably best to just ignore 'STLBlueshistory' from now on.

BluesSK wrote:Like on the PD forum, I just want to talk Blues hockey because I'm a diehard fan. The problem was getting caught up in troll threads and arguments simply because some people know how to push other peoples buttons.

My foe list was getting pretty long. I hope that doesn't become the case here. :)
basically this.

Just got to a point where it was hard to find motivation to post there.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
bradleygt89 wrote: and here we go... :lol:

beaver, I didn't see anything in his statement 'attacking' your posting ability, just a difference of opinion. yet here you go with the BS again.

This ain't my forum and I have no say here, but I would hope that any previous vendettas that were held over at the old forum remain there. IF you're so confident this forum will become history beaver, then that's your opinion. Considering that 90% of the posters I interact with and respect are over here, I am fairly confident it will last.

I hope you continue to give it a shot since you did take the time to register here :)

For the record, I've 'lurked' over there as well. As I mentioned a few times, I truly hope this doesn't become an 'us vs them' situation. Folks want to stay there...great. Folks want to be here....great. Folks want to post in both places...great. Why should it matter?

Peace.
Well said.

I registered here mostly to see what happens.

I'm happy to have a fresh start. Clearly I've been very volatile on BluesTalk and I'd like to keep things to just discussing the Blues.

Probably the best lesson we all can learn from BluesTalk is that if we entertain the trolls/obvious instigators then things will go downhill quickly.

Probably best to just ignore 'STLBlueshistory' from now on.
Gave me a reason to check out the forum's "foe" feature, which turns out is very similar to Blues Talk.

HockeyFan85 wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:
stlblues1226 wrote:I found it interesting that the thread I started at the other place about a new message board is now gone.

Could it be possible that they already noticed reduced traffic, or that they just don't like competition?

Either way, I've spent more time here in 2 days than I have over the last two or three weeks at the other place. And I really don't think I'll be going back very often, if at all.
Why wouldn't they delete a post touting another message board?

Pretty self explanatory to me.

Hopefully for folks this board does stick. I don't think it will and people will gravitate back.
Like I said, it seems like they're grasping at straws at this point. Posting titties bouncing is one thing (and although I understood the bans - let me be clear I did enjoy that thread ;) ) but removing a thread just because it referenced another website's forum? That stinks of desperation. All that is going to do is drive more people away.

The post has one thing that this forum doesn't, and that's exposure. But that doesn't mean this forum will die. From the looks of it, the solid grouping here will drive this forum to success.

They also used to have their hockey beat writers posting semi-inside info on the forum. But now that JR puts those announcements on Twitter (or is it Facebook?) he doesn't post much there anymore (if at all). So, maybe we aren't even going to miss that. Speaking of "exclusives" to Blues Talk, has Siberian made it over here yet?

I've posted over on BluesTalk for a long time (username there is marginally different, bluetunehead) but it's just become an absolute mess lately. And from what I remember I definitely posted a couple of rather risque photos in the thread in question, but for whatever reason didn't get banned. Either way, I'd like a place to post about the Blues without the outright negativity and shitty behavior that goes on over there. Every other post is 'idiot' 'moron' 'liar' etc. It just gets old.

STLBlueshistory wrote: I could care less what you do but it's a given people will go back especially if such an outstanding poster like yourself can't help themselves.
I've been on the Asylum for ten years.

I've never seen it lose so much traffic.

I've never seen another board gain so much.

We're only at the beginning here...but we're headed in the right direction.

91Blues wrote:I thought the thread was awesome it was one of the largest threads to date in that forum. When Mike Smith IP banned me and I emailed him to let him know that I am fine you banned me I posted am image it was all fun. Although the issue is you banned individuals that just commented in that thread.

I asked him what warranted him to go into the forum and view the thread and start banning people. I said everyone was fine with the thread and his response back was he received a complaints specifically on that thread. I then responded back to him telling him this is my last question I said did you get complaint or complaints..he said numerous complaints.

I hope in this forum if there is a thread that an individual or individuals have an issue with I hope we can all come together and discuss it and move forward and not get individuals banned.

looking forward to the new forum again I like the format it looks really good.
Completely agree. Even if people are going to complain...I hope there is some step before IP bans here.