Re: Bashing Blues Talk Forum

I'll admit I go over there from time to time....any thread larueskee starts is an instant read. You never know when the next "Chris Butler plays because Butler Chevrolet sponsors the Blues, and I'm gonna call the dealership to find out" thread is going to happen.

Come to think of it, that thread is kind of what started the end of Blues Talk for all of us-in honor of that thread, I started a thread about the greatest Blues Talk threads of all time, someone mentioned WPS' .gif thread, it got bumped, and then we all ended up on BNF :lol:

UMSLBlues12 wrote:I'll admit I go over there from time to time....any thread larueskee starts is an instant read. You never know when the next "Chris Butler plays because Butler Chevrolet sponsors the Blues, and I'm gonna call the dealership to find out" thread is going to happen.

Come to think of it, that thread is kind of what started the end of Blues Talk for all of us-in honor of that thread, I started a thread about the greatest Blues Talk threads of all time, someone mentioned WPS' .gif thread, it got bumped, and then we all ended up on BNF :lol:
I didn't post any tittie-gifs, although I did enjoy them....Dr Frued struck a nerve with Mike Smith or Bernie M.... "Vulgarities of the worst order" was what they called it :lol: :lol: :lol: That's the road I took to get here.

I don't post a lot, except when something big happens over there (just too tempting). It's eye opening how people can just blast you for an opinion rightly or wrongly though which keeps me from posting, but I lurk year round. I enjoy the insight and discussion of the more knowledgeable posters that have migrated here. It is entertaining to read the stuff going on in the asylum lol.

bluebloodkc wrote:I was never going to go back there, but I did miss the Larueskee threads so I've checked in on those. He's good for two or three wacky threads a week at least. Anything else.....screw it.
To give credit where credit is due...... He has pushed the two reigning trolls aside, and is now the undisputed whacko over there.

MissouriMook wrote:Larueskee's threads are actually still worth the occasional lurk. He started one recently about an apparent conspiracy theory he has based on Army always having the sniffles.
He, along with some other posters there have real mental health issues.

I haven't felt the need to go back and haven't. I just like to have a nice sensible hockey discussion and have no desire to wade through personal attacks and deal with people who have a tenuous grasp of reality.

There are still a few good posters there who (I assume) haven't come here (Beatoni, Praguer and a handful more). I can't figure out why they didn't give at least a look in to this forum. I still look there once in a while, and make a stray post when there's a topic that hasn't come up here or on HF. Once in a while I get a good laugh. Blues Talk at its worst is still not as bad as The Blues' Official NHL Forum was near its end.

Robb_K wrote:There are still a few good posters there who (I assume) haven't come here (Beatoni, Praguer and a handful more). I can't figure out why they didn't give at least a look in to this forum. I still look there once in a while, and make a stray post when there's a topic that hasn't come up here or on HF. Once in a while I get a good laugh. Blues Talk at its worst is still not as bad as The Blues' Official NHL Forum was near its end.
So true. That forum was embarrassing.

MissouriMook wrote:Larueskee's threads are actually still worth the occasional lurk. He started one recently about an apparent conspiracy theory he has based on Army always having the sniffles.
Larueskee has to be trolling, right? His posts have become way over the top in the last few months. I find them absolutely hilarious, but I think he is doing that on purpose. If not, someone needs to make his family/friends aware he needs his medications re-evaluated.

I still read that place, mostly as there is a lot of traffic and its entertaining to watch the disaster it has become. Occasionally I get sucked into posting, but rarely.

Robb_K wrote:There are still a few good posters there who (I assume) haven't come here (Beatoni, Praguer and a handful more). I can't figure out why they didn't give at least a look in to this forum. I still look there once in a while, and make a stray post when there's a topic that hasn't come up here or on HF. Once in a while I get a good laugh. Blues Talk at its worst is still not as bad as The Blues' Official NHL Forum was near its end.
Honestly, I think the fact that some of the posters who have been at this forum for years rubbed people the wrong way quite often and those quality posters don't want to come here because of this. This place is pretty good, but would be better with guys like Beatoni and Billy Pilgrim, but, from what I read while lurking, I don't think they have much use for some of those people.

The fact that they kicked NHLTIM to the curb and kept the village idiots and the like should tell any sane person what that place is all about. Clicks = $$$ for them. Those village idiots do generate revenue derived from clicks. The more arguing, the more clicks, and more $$$. As for myself, I argued with those morons as much as anyone, but didn't get into the direct name-calling..... yet Mike Smith called me a name when he kicked me out. Ironic?
Last edited by Turk Sanderson on Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.