Images in posts, BNF and YOU

Here are the guidelines for posting images:
1) NO HOTLINKING - this means, do not post an image inline that is from another site, free image hosting provider or otherwise. as we have all seen in the past at other fora, over time these images on remote servers can get moved or deleted and then we are left with threads with nice red 'X' marks where images used to be. unacceptable.
2) ATTACH ALL IMAGES - there is a neat feature when you are posting in a tab below the text box in which you are typing called "Upload attachment". use this.
3) See steps 1-2

Re: Images in posts, BNF and YOU

it's super easy if you're using MS Windows:

here's how:
  • Click the "Upload attachment" tab below the message box
  • For "Filename", click "Browse"
  • In the "File Upload" box that pops up, in the box that reads "Filename", paste the full URL of the image (i.e., http :// www .someremoteserver .com/someimage.jpg)
  • Click "Open"
  • Add comments if you wish - not necessary
  • Click "Add the file"
  • If you would like the image/attachment to be displayed within your post rather than at the bottom of your post, click "Place inline"
that's it!

CaptSMRT wrote:RobK sets them up...and knocks them down.
Just call me "The TERRIBLE Techie"! So terrible that I resisted getting a mobile phone until last year, and didn't get a smart phone, and do nothing else but receive calls and texts and send them. So terrible I didn't get a personal computer until 2003, and still don't use I-Cloud, or any cloud. So terrible, that I replaced my own photo with a Canadian flag because I'm too clueless to know where to find and how to use a file-shrinking programme. So terrible, that I'm still a hand-drawing, 2D animator instead of a 3D computer animator.So terrible that I still use a record-playing turntable and cassette deck, and use no electric dishwasher, and I don't know how to use an i-Pad or i-Pod (or their non-Mac equivalents). And I make my own spaghetti sauce.

T.C. wrote:Here are the guidelines for posting images:
1) NO HOTLINKING - this means, do not post an image inline that is from another site, free image hosting provider or otherwise. as we have all seen in the past at other fora, over time these images on remote servers can get moved or deleted and then we are left with threads with nice red 'X' marks where images used to be. unacceptable.
2) ATTACH ALL IMAGES - there is a neat feature when you are posting in a tab below the text box in which you are typing called "Upload attachment". use this.
3) See steps 1-2
Does anyone know a site I can shrink an image enough to use as my avatar? I can only get it down to 7 KB.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
3) See steps 1-2
Does anyone know a site I can shrink an image enough to use as my avatar? I can only get it down to 7 KB.
Try photobucket.com . It works for me.

StL Dan wrote:
Anton Chigurh wrote:
3) See steps 1-2
I appreciate the suggestion. Thankfully TC was generous enough to take care of it for me but I'll be sure to use Photobucket in the future.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
StL Dan wrote:Here are the guidelines for posting images:
3) See steps 1-2

I appreciate the suggestion. Thankfully TC was generous enough to take care of it for me but I'll be sure to use Photobucket in the future.
I've been using this program for years and it works great and is easy to use, and it's free!

http://download.cnet.com/Easy-Graphic-C ... 53021.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

T.C. wrote:post images all you want. just attach them. for the "why", see the first post in this thread.
I wasn't doing it in my FTP thread because I thought that you couldn't put the photo/gif in a specific location in the post. Then when I noticed that you had asked yet again, I played around with it and what da ya know, you can do just that very thing. It's amazing what you can do when you just slow down and look at everything carefully.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!