Re: GDT: CBJ at Blues 7pm CST 10/25

I get trying to sneak a game in for Sundqvist at some point, but now really doesn't seem like the right time. Having said that, one of the only 2 wins so far was the game they snuck in Jerabek. Of course he was -3 in that game, but I don't want to let the facts get in the way of a good argument...or this very shoddy argument.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:29 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 am 2 goals in 70 career games, minus 7, 44% faceoffs.

No clue what he brings to the ice beyond nothing.

First of 7 straight home games, this could be the end of the Yeo tenure if they don't do something over these next 7.
With these roster decisions they're going to wind up going 2-5 and then at least we will be rid of that bald cocksucker.
That's honestly the silver lining here.
KA-KAW!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:22 am 2 goals in 70 career games, minus 7, 44% faceoffs.

No clue what he brings to the ice beyond nothing.

First of 7 straight home games, this could be the end of the Yeo tenure if they don't do something over these next 7.
That's not fair, there are a few things Sundqvist brings to the ice. First of all, after the offseason moves and Gunnarsson's injury, he's the only healthy Swede on the roster. He's also the only Blues player with the letter q in his name. That's 2 things he brings to the ice!

I don't see any justification Yeo could give for Sundqvist over Thomas. The one I heard on Twitter was no sense in Thomas playing 7 minutes a night but my counter argument to that was why is Thomas playing 7 minutes a night? Yeo is treating him like a 4th line plug because it's evident he doesn't trust younger players and has an extremely short leash with them. You're also not doing Kyrou any favors by playing him with Sundqvist. Armstrong needs to recognize that Yeo isn't the coach for this team as his roster decisions and playing time allocation have lead to some collapses and worse play from the veterans he's trusting. If the Blues wait for these 7 games to decide Yeo's fate, I fear it's too late. Also, if Thomas is sent back to the OHL and Schenn, Bozak, or O'Reilly gets hurt...than the Blues are pretty close to where they were last year with centers forced to play above where they should be. I mean, truthfully, if Yeo is going to play the young guys only 7 minutes a night, call back up Thorburn and send Kyrou down to get top line minutes.

I long for a day when the Blues have a John Cooper, Gerard Gallant, or a more offensive, up tempo minded coach who actually trusts young guys.

After I said yesterday that Sundqvist should never see NHL ice again as a Blue and he's put in the lineup the next day :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get it.

If anything, Sunny should come out flying and play like a mad man tonight. Might be his last chance as a Blue to see NHL ice again..........................maybe I should stop saying that? :)

Well regardless of who's centering the 4th line, I still expect this team to play a pissed off, motivated game tonight. My hope is that Bouwmeester is still on the 3rd pairing when the 3rd period rolls along. I'm expecting a W tonight. Maybe Maroon gets off the schnied and pots his first goal.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:35 pm Well regardless of who's centering the 4th line, I still expect this team to play a pissed off, motivated game tonight. My hope is that Bouwmeester is still on the 3rd pairing when the 3rd period rolls along. I'm expecting a W tonight. Maybe Maroon gets off the schnied and pots his first goal.
Yeah, I agree with this. I don’t think this changes a whole lot (and definitely isn’t going to be the reason if this team shits the bed on the home stand, but I’m not a fan of it.

Pretty clear that Thomas is well behind the pace because of his summer training getting derailed, but I think he can play 10 minutes a night and catch up. Really don’t want him back in the OHL

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 pm remember when murray effectively benched peron because he had white skates and wore his hat backwards?

coaches are fucking weird, man. if anyone wants to pay me several hundred thousand dollars per year to yell at some millionaires, i'm all ears.
Only one of them is still around. Thankfully.
Just a Russian propaganda account