Re: Wilson gets 20 games

barcthespark wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:39 pm
barcthespark wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 pm I'm pleasantly surprised by the 20 games even though Wilson earned every single game of it. This was a tremendous message from the DoPS to the players. Now they need to stay consistent with bringing the hammer down on head shots in the future.
This is 20 games because of his history more than the hit. I think this is a 2-4 game suspension for the average player but Wilson got 20 due to his history
, which is very deserved.

You’re not gonna see anywhere near 20 games if anyone else does this same hit.
Unfortunately, 2-4 game suspensions don't mean squat to these players.
Exactly. That's why the league has to start putting some teeth into these type hits. A first offense should be at least 6 games.

barcthespark wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:00 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:39 pm
barcthespark wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 pm I'm pleasantly surprised by the 20 games even though Wilson earned every single game of it. This was a tremendous message from the DoPS to the players. Now they need to stay consistent with bringing the hammer down on head shots in the future.
This is 20 games because of his history more than the hit. I think this is a 2-4 game suspension for the average player but Wilson got 20 due to his history
, which is very deserved.

You’re not gonna see anywhere near 20 games if anyone else does this same hit.
Unfortunately, 2-4 game suspensions don't mean squat to these players.
Yup, that's the sad truth.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 am Capitals' T.J. Oshie on Tom WIlson's 20-game suspension: "I was pretty surprised. I think it's unfortunate for Tom that league is making an example out of him."

I'm sorry old friend, but I think Tom Wilson kind of made an example of himself.
How soon before TJ is flying a 'free Willy' poster again?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 am Capitals' T.J. Oshie on Tom WIlson's 20-game suspension: "I was pretty surprised. I think it's unfortunate for Tom that league is making an example out of him."

I'm sorry old friend, but I think Tom Wilson kind of made an example of himself.
How soon before TJ is flying a 'free Willy' poster again?
I know you have to stick up for teammates here and nobody wins in that situation, but that's disappointing coming from someone who has had multiple concussions in his career and missed a good amount of time.

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:09 am
MissouriMook wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:16 pm Wilson comes to town on January 3. Get your tickets now.
already have.
We just need everyone to chant RAAAFFIIIIII............RAAAAAAAFFFFIIIIII!!!!! Every time he's on the ice. I'd love for someone to give him a beer shower. My pockets aren't deep enough to get that close. Hard to throw a beer on him from 308.

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:56 pm Anyone seen Tim? He has to be super-pissed at this.
I'm ok with that suspension....don't have a problem with that at all. I never said it wasn't a shit play.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Damn right. Time after time. The sad thing is Wilson can be a good hockey player without resorting to deliberate cheap shots.

barnburner wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Damn right. Time after time. The sad thing is Wilson can be a good hockey player without resorting to deliberate cheap shots.
Yeah. It sure will be interesting to see how he plays the final 60 games of the season. I mean imagine he has another questionable hit in the that time? He might get the rest of the season off at that point and completely thrown away his season and a year of paychecks.

If he had gotten 5 or less, he'd go right back out there head hunting. He HAS to change the way he plays and that's why this suspension, whether it's an example or not, was important.
Just a Russian propaganda account

With Sundqvist playing tonight.....gonna have to side with Tom Wilson on this one after all. I wish he would have hit him harder.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm Tom Wilson's appeal was denied by Gary Bettman. 20 game suspension upheld.
if you are going to appeal, you'd better have a damn good case in order to convince bettman he was incorrect in suspending you in the first place. it's not like an independent board hears appeals - you have to change the guy's mind who suspended you in the first place.

Beatoni12 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:35 pm The PA said the suspension should have been 8 games, and Sundqvist “put his head on a silver platter” for Wilson just shows what a joke that organization is.
Doesn't the PA represent OS as well as Wilson? Isn't that kind of like a weird conflict of interest? If the hit was the other way around, a Sundy on Wilson, I doubt the PA would say shit.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:35 pm The PA said the suspension should have been 8 games, and Sundqvist “put his head on a silver platter” for Wilson just shows what a joke that organization is.
Doesn't the PA represent OS as well as Wilson? Isn't that kind of like a weird conflict of interest? If the hit was the other way around, a Sundy on Wilson, I doubt the PA would say shit.
The NHLPA has done less for player safety than the League has. It's shameful really.

it was a meaningless game is a terrible argument. (Tom wilson atleast TRIED to make a "meaningless" game watchful) (tongue in cheek here)

The preseason is very meaningful to people trying to prove they can crack the NHL lineup (The Blues/Yeo otoh...) and god forbid sundquist (now 71gp in the NHL) learns to keep his head on a swivel.

Would anyone be crying about OS hitting wilson in this manner? NO. Because a smart car can't do much damage to an 18 wheeler

"The main target was the head in this hit" yet he had a dislocated shoulder?

The visor dug in to his face and the concussion both were due to -again- 18wheeler hitting a smart car.

20 games is...going to stick due to repeat offender as well as the amount of times tom has been on the chopping block in such short times.

That said, the same hit on Backes or Chara would not have had the same affect and would not warrant such a harsh penalty/suspension.

This is just unfortunate for all parties as this is telling bigger players to not explode through smaller players...which is the exact opposite of what the bigger guys have been taught since day one.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!