Re: JR: Maroon to sign with Blues

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:JR has updated his original report.

https://theathletic.com/424314/2018/07/ ... own-blues/

Basically is saying Maroon had decided to stay in St Louis, but now teams (Yotes/Devils) have stepped up their offers to Maroon and he's having second thoughts. He may be looking for more financial security than the Blues can offer.

Still saying people believe it's better than 50/50 that he ends up in St Louis.

This is all a bunch of crap to get you to subscribe to his pay site.
Dude we get it, you hate JR. You hate the idea that it cost 2 bucks a month to see his writing(and MANY others). Let it freaking go.
The person who needs to let it go here isn't me.

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Dude we get it, you hate JR. You hate the idea that it cost 2 bucks a month to see his writing(and MANY others). Let it freaking go.
No. It really is you :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

You're giving me the, "it's not me, it's you routine"? I invented 'it's not me, it's you'.
Just a Russian propaganda account

CaptSMRT wrote:
You're giving me the, "it's not me, it's you routine"? I invented 'it's not me, it's you'.
Look at JR pulling down his paywall for you...NSFW

Link

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Link
Show me on this doll where JR hurt you, Captain.

*slowly points to heart*

39hurricane wrote:I'm all for Maroon on the Blues. Home town kid with a lot to play for.

I hope the term and dollars are right.

I hope there is still room for Thomas and Kyrou.
Thomas is pretty much penciled into the Blues lineup. He needs NHL experience. Kyrou will get called up when the injury bug bites. JMO

CaptSMRT wrote:

Link

*slowly points to heart*
You should send him these love notes...I bet he is dying for the clicks.

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Link

*slowly points to heart*
Can I be there when you put the Ceti eel on JR's face?
"Do Only Good Everyday"

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Link

*slowly points to heart*
:lol: YOU just linked his article. Your words say you hate him, but your body is talking the language of love.

CaptSMRT wrote:
:lol: .
WTF...are you a ten year old girl. Who fucking types this shit?
Oh you're being for real here? haha I'm cracking up how serious I just realized you're taking this thing. I'm sorry he was mean to you 10 years ago my dude, some grudges are hard to let go. Every time JR triggers you, feel free to direct your anger toward me if it helps out. Roar

This is the kind of tantrum I'd expect on a different board.

CaptSMRT wrote:
:lol: .
Oh you're being for real here? haha I'm cracking up how serious I just realized you're taking this thing. I'm sorry he was mean to you 10 years ago my dude, some grudges are hard to let go. Every time JR triggers you, feel free to direct your anger toward me if it helps out. Roar

Don't make excuses for using that lame abbreviation. Typing those letters is the the Australian accent of text. Now apologize.

CaptSMRT wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Don't make excuses for using that lame abbreviation. Typing those letters is the the Australian accent of text. Now apologize.

:lol: That was good. Although I don't even know which abbreviation you're referring to to be honest as I'm not seeing one I've used. But I did like the analogy.

CaptSMRT wrote:

:lol: That was good. Although I don't even know which abbreviation you're referring to to be honest as I'm not seeing one I've used. But I did like the analogy.
I am more entertained by the Maroonmania than anything...I love a good conspiracy theory.

From the agent of Maroon: "He could end up signing with St. Louis as early as today or tomorrow, but he's got some other good options as well," Hankinson told KFAN radio in Minneapolis on Sunday. "So we're kind of sorting through the one-, vs. two-, vs. three-year options for him."

Looks like it'll come down to whether he wants more money or to play in St Louis. And how much more those teams are offering.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:From the agent of Maroon: "He could end up signing with St. Louis as early as today or tomorrow, but he's got some other good options as well," Hankinson told KFAN radio in Minneapolis on Sunday. "So we're kind of sorting through the one-, vs. two-, vs. three-year options for him."

Looks like it'll come down to whether he wants more money or to play in St Louis. And how much more those teams are offering.
I totally understand it is a business decision, but if it is that hard for him to decide, then I hope he goes somewhere else. One of my biggest fears about Maroon isn't about his playing ability, it is about living up to the expectation of being the 'hometown hero'. Toronto...they got a true hometown hero. Maroon, if folks have expectations of 20+ goals or 40+ points or him being some really big difference maker, I think they'll be very disappointed, and while Blues fans are in general very respectful of players, they won't be as much to a 'hometown' kid whose family and friends are here too.

FWIW, I'm not directing these fears to this forum, where 90% of us are beyond pettiness and silly grudges. However, looking at Twitter, Facebook, and other sports forums...I think Maroon will have a hard time playing here. Hopefully I am wrong and he plays just as motivated and doesn't get distracted by the 'hometown' kid hoopla that would follow if he does sign here.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Elliotte Friedman just reTweeted Jim Thomas' article from last night about Maroon, with this comment added:

"Think this was settled after your deadline, with Maroon going to STL"

Im assuming he's referring to Thomas having a story deadline, so it seems Friedman's on the Prediction Parade as well. Hopefully it really is settled.

barnburner wrote:Maroon is old enough and been through the wars long enough that I don't see him getting off his game just because of the home town factor. jmo.
Yeah, you are probably right. I know it was discussed before the trade deadline last season on the Blues Hockey Podcast about that 'fear' as well. It could actually be a positive motivator more than a distraction.

Still hope it is only a one year deal though. :) :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote:
barnburner wrote:Maroon is old enough and been through the wars long enough that I don't see him getting off his game just because of the home town factor. jmo.
Yeah, you are probably right. I know it was discussed before the trade deadline last season on the Blues Hockey Podcast about that 'fear' as well. It could actually be a positive motivator more than a distraction.

Still hope it is only a one year deal though. :) :twisted:
On top of BB's point, there shouldn't be that much weight of expectations. He just needs to be himself--play physical, stand in front of the net, chip in occasionally and guide some of the kids. ROR and other new faces have bigger expectations coming in then Maroon will.