Re: GDT: Blues @ Colorado - 8:00CST - FSMW

I’m just really unsure about Parayko at this point. He was very good as a sheltered guy, but I don’t think he’s good enough defensively to play big minutes consistently. And he’s not good enough offensively (like say, a Shattenkirk) to make up for his defensive issues.

Not just saying that because he got undressed by MacKinnon, been thinking it for awhile now.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:I’m just really unsure about Parayko at this point. He was very good as a sheltered guy, but I don’t think he’s good enough defensively to play big minutes consistently. And he’s not good enough offensively (like say, a Shattenkirk) to make up for his defensive issues.

Not just saying that because he got undressed by MacKinnon, been thinking it for awhile now.
Agreed. He hasn’t been great this year, and that is what we need him to be is great. DA might want the put some feelers out there this off season.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:I’m just really unsure about Parayko at this point. He was very good as a sheltered guy, but I don’t think he’s good enough defensively to play big minutes consistently. And he’s not good enough offensively (like say, a Shattenkirk) to make up for his defensive issues.

I'm not ready to give up on him. I think this is just an off year for him. Lot's of players have a sophomore slump, but I think he is having a junior slump. Now if he plays next season like he has this season, then we may have a problem.

barcthespark wrote:

I'm not ready to give up on him. I think this is just an off year for him. Lot's of players have a sophomore slump, but I think he is having a junior slump. Now if he plays next season like he has this season, then we may have a problem.
His rookie year was his best. He got a little worse the following year. He's gotten a little worse this year. That's a directional trend, not a slump.
Just a Russian propaganda account

bradleygt89 wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:Regardless of what happens in these final 20, I hope this team looks a lot different next year. And I don't just mean some prospects coming up.
Yeah, there’s at least five to seven moves to be made. ? is can or will they
The key is getting the right 5 to 7 new faces. This team needs injections of skill, grit, and leadership.