Re: Sedins Retiring

Wow. That is surprising. They can still play, in a limited role. But I don't think they were willing to 1. separate and 2. play anywhere but Vancouver.

So I guess it was we can either stay in Vancouver on a team that won't contend for awhile or we can enjoy the retirement life. I wonder if they would play in Sweden together?

Couldn't stand them as players and they got a lot of hate but wow, what talents they were and how fortunate they were to spend their entire careers together.
Just a Russian propaganda account

It sounds like they are going to get a front office position with Vancouver, so I think it makes sense for all parities concerned. As was mentioned they didn't want to be separated and wanted to retire with Vancouver. Their skills were definitely declining, but they could still play. Still it's nice to see guys retire with something still in the tank so you don't have to watch them embarrass themselves the last few years of their career.

bradleygt89 wrote:LOL, speaking of good commercials, you'd all love this compilation by "The Mook" too (NHLTIM, start at 2:45 for one of your favorite players ;) ):

[youtube][/youtube]
I remember all those commericals and yep, Marchand is my favorite player.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

insideout wrote:What would have been if Vancouver wasn't able to pull of the deal that landed both of these guys? One without the other is unimaginable.
I think their success is eternally linked and that if separated, neither player would have had anywhere near the success that they had together. Like Brian Burke said the other day, it wasn't just a chemistry thing, it was a twin thing. They didn't just know each other's tendencies, it was like they were playing with a single mind.

I still like the story Kelly Chase gave. I didn't catch the players name but he said some player went up to one of the Sedins before a game and said "You know you're brother is the ugliest player in the game." That's hilarious :lol: