Re: Gunnarson Done For The Season

Pietrangelo - Edmundson
Dunn - Parayko
Schmaltz - Bortuzzo

If Dunn really is ready to step up to more ice time, and more difficult matchups, then Schmaltz can slide in and get an opportunity to play without being over-exposed.

Hopefully the D stays solid, they've been the key to our success so far. When the D-corps is moving the puck well, pitching in with the offense, and meshing well defensively, we're winning games. When they're not doing those things, we're not winning.

wannabebluesplayer wrote:I honestly don't think Butler will be back. I think they're going to roll with Bortuzzo and Schmaltz and see what Schmaltz can do. I wouldn't mind seeing Walman get a cup of coffee.
If one of the six is faltering, why not. At least bring him up as a scratch to practice with the team.

Cotton McKnight wrote:
wannabebluesplayer wrote:I honestly don't think Butler will be back. I think they're going to roll with Bortuzzo and Schmaltz and see what Schmaltz can do. I wouldn't mind seeing Walman get a cup of coffee.
If one of the six is faltering, why not. At least bring him up as a scratch to practice with the team.
I wouldn't bring him up to scratch him, but I'd let him play with Bobby B for a few games. If he does well, then you've kind of showcased him for possible trade opportunities. Let's be honest, Gunnarsson and Bouwmeester aren't going anywhere now they've gotten hurt.