Shane Harper

He's not signed, plays for Wolves, and is 2nd in AHL in goals w 29. Is this kid just someone who's figured out the AHL, or does he have a shot.

Just. Curious after looking over wolves roster.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: Shane Harper

Harper is 26 years old (will be 27), and has roughly average size (5-11 193), from Southern California. He played 5 years in The WHL (Everett Wash), including a 2nd all star spot as an overager (20-year old). His 80 points as a 20-year old isn't very impressive. He wasn't drafted, but WAS signed as an undrafted free agent by The Flyers. He's never scored all that much over his Juniors, ECHL and AHL career. I haven't seen him play much this season (2 Wolves' games). He seemed okay on The AHL level, but his overall play didn't jump out at me. I'm guessing that at the very best, he'd be a very marginal NHLer, IF everything were to go right for him. In most of his AHL seasons, he scored goals in the teens. I'm guessing that his 29 goals are a one-time thing, just based on having talented linemates.

But, I'm looking forward to hearing the scoop on his current play from someone here who regularly watches AHL games. I'm guessing that if he were even thought of as a possible marginal NHL player, we'd have watched him in camp this past pre-season.