Lindbohm assigned to Wolves

Reports from JR saying that the Blues expect Shatty and Gunnar to be back Saturday.

I guess they really want Lindbohm playing, or it might cause a cap issue once Shatty comes back? I don't know why they'd send him down since rosters are unlimited. Hopefully Shatty can get back to speed for the playoffs.

Re: Lindbohm assigned to Wolves

barnburner wrote:
oldbattler wrote:
Blues14 wrote:The Woves have 3 games this week and I think they want him playing rather than sitting.
I Agree.
Yep. I suspect when the playoffs start, he'll be here as the top reserve
On the left side with Big Bob as topreserve on the right side.
Agreed.

I'd say there are two reasons why he was sent down, and neither are performance related.

1. The Blues got cap relief with Shatty on LTIR. Once he comes off, they have to be cap compliant again so I think it's a pretty good chance they wouldn't be unless they removed a guy from the roster. Lindbohm is the obvious guy to remove since he doesn't require waivers. Rosters are unlimited now but they still have to be cap compliant. There's no cap in the playoffs so he'll absolutely be here once the playoffs start.

2. As others have said, if he's not going to play here then he might as well play for the Wolves. Lots of high intensity games for the Wolves will be good for him.

Re: Lindbohm assigned to Wolves

blueslifer wrote:Aren't the Wolves fighting for their playoff lives? This might be a good way to have him playing in high-intensity games instead of sitting on the bench.
Yup, 3 points out but they have 3 games in hand. It's a four team fight for that final playoff spot, so they could definitely use the kid.