WTF & welcome

wow! i go away for a week and come back to hundreds of new posts. i don't know what happened or what has brought you all here, but VERY happy to see all the chatter! i am trying to catch up and seeing lots of very knowledgeable hockey folks here and people that want to have fun. THAT'S WHAT THIS PLACE WAS ALWAYS INTENDED TO BE. happy to have you here.

for a pictorial history of why we are here, see this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you don't get it, don't worry. point is, we're here. those of us that started this particular place have been chatting together for what, 10+ years now? you are in good company.

you can reach this place several ways:
bluesnewsforum.com
letsgograpes.com
est1967.net

after BNF turned into LGB and became LGBT, we all bailed for est1967.com. we had thousands of posts there, some 10k+. then, BBZ bailed. completely ignored it. also of note, refused to give or sell me the domain when i offered to take over. eventually the site deteriorated to the point of the software completely crashing. seriously, go look at est1967.com now - it's just sitting there, completely fucked.

anyway, point is - i haven't made an effort to update/add features to this site since i first built it as it was "just us" and very little traffic. if what i'm seeing now is the new norm, i will certainly do so. any issues, please let me know and i'll address.

another point is, site isn't going anywhere. if it sat here with no traffic for two years, nothing can kill it. we have a FB page as well as twitter where we post dumb things, but can get those going too if people want/care.

so, welcome! you are in good company. the only rule is, there are no rules. if you are going to come here, stir up shit and/or be a fucking idiot and expect some white knight moderator to save you, hang yourself now. not happening. we are all "adults" here and will poke fun at each other. also known as the internet.

TEH HOCKIES!

Re: WTF & welcome

T.C. wrote:wow! i go away for a week and come back to hundreds of new posts. i don't know what happened or what has brought you all here, but VERY happy to see all the chatter! i am trying to catch up and seeing lots of very knowledgeable hockey folks here and people that want to have fun. THAT'S WHAT THIS PLACE WAS ALWAYS INTENDED TO BE. happy to have you here.

for a pictorial history of why we are here, see this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you don't get it, don't worry. point is, we're here. those of us that started this particular place have been chatting together for what, 10+ years now? you are in good company.

you can reach this place several ways:
bluesnewsforum.com
letsgograpes.com
est1967.net

after BNF turned into LGB and became LGBT, we all bailed for est1967.com. we had thousands of posts there, some 10k+. then, BBZ bailed. completely ignored it. also of note, refused to give or sell me the domain when i offered to take over. eventually the site deteriorated to the point of the software completely crashing. seriously, go look at est1967.com now - it's just sitting there, completely fucked.

anyway, point is - i haven't made an effort to update/add features to this site since i first built it as it was "just us" and very little traffic. if what i'm seeing now is the new norm, i will certainly do so. any issues, please let me know and i'll address.

another point is, site isn't going anywhere. if it sat here with no traffic for two years, nothing can kill it. we have a FB page as well as twitter where we post dumb things, but can get those going too if people want/care.

so, welcome! you are in good company. the only rule is, there are no rules. if you are going to come here, stir up shit and/or be a fucking idiot and expect some white knight moderator to save you, hang yourself now. not happening. we are all "adults" here and will poke fun at each other. also known as the internet.

TEH HOCKIES!
Most of us are grown adults but some n'er-do-wells on the Blues Talk forum at the PD might come here to raise shit. Speaking for myself only, if that happens again I'll be looking for greener pastures. I'm too old to put up with that garbage anymore.

So a little moderation would certainly be welcome.

I'm very grateful that we've found a place where we can talk about our Blues without any drama, trolls or thread hijackings and I would like it to stay that way.

Happy to be here.

Thanks to TC for running this forum and thanks to Missouri Mook for "showing me the light."

Mook is one of the top-end posters over at STL Today and I'm glad to have followed his invitation as I see nearly all of the best posters on Blues Talk are on this board as well.

-Anton

My old, senile self made it here, too! Funny,.....I thought I had posted on this thread my first day here. Strange how they change history when we aren't looking! I was at Blues News Forum, and Let's Go Blues way back (2002-03). But missed Est. 1967. Anyhoo, this place is pretty good. Too bad we haven't been able to get more traffic. But, at least, the supertrolls haven't come here!

Hang in there. The Draft (best time of the year -if you have Bill Armstrong as director!) is coming up. I can't wait! Let' pray for a move up in Round 1!!!

Robb_K wrote:My old, senile self made it here, too! Funny,.....I thought I had posted on this thread my first day here. Strange how they change history when we aren't looking! I was at Blues News Forum, and Let's Go Blues way back (2002-03). But missed Est. 1967. Anyhoo, this place is pretty good. Too bad we haven't been able to get more traffic. But, at least, the supertrolls haven't come here!

Hang in there. The Draft (best time of the year -if you have Bill Armstrong as director!) is coming up. I can't wait! Let' pray for a move up in Round 1!!!
Traffic has picked up. It is too bad old Grapsey is such a grump otherwise we could jon forces for the good of humanity.

CaptSMRT wrote:
Robb_K wrote:My old, senile self made it here, too! Funny,.....I thought I had posted on this thread my first day here. Strange how they change history when we aren't looking! I was at Blues News Forum, and Let's Go Blues way back (2002-03). But missed Est. 1967. Anyhoo, this place is pretty good. Too bad we haven't been able to get more traffic. But, at least, the supertrolls haven't come here!

Traffic has picked up. It is too bad old Grapsey is such a grump otherwise we could join forces for the good of humanity.
I take it that Old Grapsey is the guy who founded "Est. 1967", "Blues News" and "Let's Go Blues" websites and forums.

Robb_K wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Traffic has picked up. It is too bad old Grapsey is such a grump otherwise we could join forces for the good of humanity.
I take it that Old Grapsey is the guy who founded "Est. 1967", "Blues News" and "Let's Go Blues" websites and forums.
Cprice12...its a long boring story.

Robb_K wrote:So, you an' Old Curt don't get along, eh? Didn't he ban you guys?
one of us at least, yes. as cap'n said, long & boring story. i can give you the short version (some of which is evident in the thread i linked in the first post of this thread):
- we were all at an awesome blues fan site for years.
- a guy named joe sobek showed up, going by the name Aode (later WaukeeBlues). he was a complete tool and had no sense of humor.
- curt decided he wanted to go "legit", becoming some sort of "official" blues fan site or whatever, so he sucked all the humor out of the site.
- the last two points miraculously coincided. joe took curt's weakness at wanting to become legit and preyed on it, causing him to go completely nuclear on the crew of veteran posters that had essentially run, supported, and made the site what it was over nearly a decade. so, joe gets the blame (rightly so), but curt enabled such bullshit. completely his fault.
- when he banned SMP/Cap'n, many of us bailed in solidarity to est1967.com.
- you can read the rest in the first post.