Re: GDT: Stage 2 of Grief - Oilers @ Blues 7:00pm

I was there last night and I thought Schwartz was the best player on the ice for us. Good to see him get some good chances, just needs to bury a few to get going IMO. Unfortunately, I thought Tarasenko was one of the worst players on the ice last night. Several bad passes and giveaways. Lastly, wow is McDavid impressive in person. Quick, great hands and great instincts. I'd give 2 Tarasenko's for 1 McDavid, he's that good.

mfogelmark wrote:I was there last night and I thought Schwartz was the best player on the ice for us. Good to see him get some good chances, just needs to bury a few to get going IMO. Unfortunately, I thought Tarasenko was one of the worst players on the ice last night. Several bad passes and giveaways. Lastly, wow is McDavid impressive in person. Quick, great hands and great instincts. I'd give 2 Tarasenko's for 1 McDavid, he's that good.
Yeah, I'm a huge fan for Frank's, but he's been off last few games. Thing about Tarasenko is he wants to win and I do believe he wants to win the Cup for the Blues, the community, and fans. When he signed that deal, I'm sure he didn't imagine this season being part of the process, but he's got to work through it and be a leader, every damn shift.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

mfogelmark wrote:I was there last night and I thought Schwartz was the best player on the ice for us. Good to see him get some good chances, just needs to bury a few to get going IMO. Unfortunately, I thought Tarasenko was one of the worst players on the ice last night. Several bad passes and giveaways. Lastly, wow is McDavid impressive in person. Quick, great hands and great instincts. I'd give 2 Tarasenko's for 1 McDavid, he's that good.
Agreed. Mentioned it on one of the pages of this thread that Tarasenko was having a bad game.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Cotton McKnight wrote:is anyone else sick of seeing Perron, Berglund, and Jaskin? It seems the team has no heart or drive right now. How long before the speculation, "Yeo us too much like hitch for these guys" starts bouncing around.

Jake, for fuck sake stop over commiting on your saves then needing to scramble. I'd be ok with a boring goalie that just simply made saves.
We had one. He's in Calgary now because the Blues were intent on handing the reins to Allen.

mfogelmark wrote:... wow is McDavid impressive in person. Quick, great hands and great instincts. I'd give 2 Tarasenko's for 1 McDavid, he's that good.
I watched a few Otters game the year McDavid started with them (NHL lockout year, when he was age 15/16). You could clearly see his "vision" of the ice & his ability to handle the puck. All he lacked was the size to muscle past defenders, and he's got that now. Definitely an impressive young talent, but if Tarasenko would simply play up to his talents he'd be far more valuable than Connor.

barnburner wrote:
Cotton McKnight wrote:is anyone else sick of seeing Perron, Berglund, and Jaskin? It seems the team has no heart or drive right now. How long before the speculation, "Yeo us too much like hitch for these guys" starts bouncing around.

Jake, for fuck sake stop over commiting on your saves then needing to scramble. I'd be ok with a boring goalie that just simply made saves.
We had one. He's in Calgary now because the Blues were intent on handing the reins to Allen.
I have to admit, after Elliott's playoffs against LA, I did find myself nervous with him. But, he did seem to overcome my doubts pretty regularly.

JMC-STL wrote:
mfogelmark wrote:... wow is McDavid impressive in person. Quick, great hands and great instincts. I'd give 2 Tarasenko's for 1 McDavid, he's that good.
I watched a few Otters game the year McDavid started with them (NHL lockout year, when he was age 15/16). You could clearly see his "vision" of the ice & his ability to handle the puck. All he lacked was the size to muscle past defenders, and he's got that now. Definitely an impressive young talent, but if Tarasenko would simply play up to his talents he'd be far more valuable than Connor.
I agree that Tarasenko could be, I'm just not sure that he ever will play up to his talents. It just seems like there are games where he just floats and takes shifts off.

mfogelmark wrote:
JMC-STL wrote:
I agree that Tarasenko could be, I'm just not sure that he ever will play up to his talents. It just seems like there are games where he just floats and takes shifts off.
No doubt about it. That's why I have a "Yeah, but..." when it comes to going overboard with praise for Tarasenko. That said, Ovechkin used to be a "whenever I feel like it" player too, and he finally figured it out, so there is hope for Tarasenko.