Summer of Stamkos

Good read here about Stamkos. I don't see anyway he thinks about bolting(no pun intended) for the Leafs in2016 at this point. Tampa is a good market with great fans and he's one guy that needs to stay in that market.
I expect Yzerman to lock him up long term later this summer.
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bolts-b ... -20150308/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Summer of Stamkos

Not only are the Leafs going to attempt yet another rebuild (what is this, the third one in eight years?) but from what I read a few weeks ago, players, even those who grew up Leafs fans want to have no part of playing there because of the lack of privacy, the overzealous fans, the intense media presence..and naturally, the losing culture.

I would much rather live in Tampa, Fl than Toronto anyway, lol.

Oliver wrote:Not only are the Leafs going to attempt yet another rebuild (what is this, the third one in eight years?) but from what I read a few weeks ago, players, even those who grew up Leafs fans want to have no part of playing there because of the lack of privacy, the overzealous fans, the intense media presence..and naturally, the losing culture.

That's an environment that I would want no part of.

Period.

Battra wrote:
Oliver wrote:Not only are the Leafs going to attempt yet another rebuild (what is this, the third one in eight years?) but from what I read a few weeks ago, players, even those who grew up Leafs fans want to have no part of playing there because of the lack of privacy, the overzealous fans, the intense media presence..and naturally, the losing culture.

That's an environment that I would want no part of.
Period.
Agreed. Until they are relevant again (it could take years depending on how effective this rebuild goes), I can't see any FA signing there no matter how much money they throw at them. In the long run I see it a being beneficial to the Leafs as they will have to bottom out in order to get better. I think Shanny understands this and realizes it's going to take a few years to right the ship and then a few more to be a playoff team. I just hope the Blues win a cup before the Leafs!

What does it matter to the bottom line if they tank?

The Canadian fans complain, but they don't stay away.

Look at what JK said during the last game...the Leafs have what...3 drafted players? Hell, we've got nearly as many Leaf Drafted players on the Blues!!!

I really can't see the Lightning letting Stamkos go. He might be tempted, but Yzerman is a smart guy. He'll put together an attractive offer. They're a very good team with a lot of solid young talent and a possibly elite young goalie a year or two away from taking over. They're close enough to compete for a Cup now, and are primed to be good for awhile.

I can't imagine any player wanting to go to Toronto for the foreseeable future. It would be like going to the Blues in 2005, but with added an degree of utter insanity from the media and fanbase tearing you down after every mediocre game.

They're going to have to go through an actual honest to god rebuild over the next handful of years if they want to be successful. Burke tried to rush through a half-assed rebuild and it flopped.

I'm sure Toronto would throw a ton at him if he became available, but I don't see any way that Stamkos decides to leave a great situation like Tampa. That team has some serious firepower, and a goalie prospect (Vasilevskiy) who has potential to be as good as the Lundqvists and Rinnes of the league. Probably my favorite team to watch other than the Blues right now.

I can't foresee a situation in which Stamkos leaves Tampa but stranger things have happened.
As far as playing in Toronto. I don't understand why players would want to. The environment is toxic there, the media is unrelenting, and the fans are brutal.
I was in Canada for the last World Juniors held there. The way the media talked about and scrutinized those kids was unbelievable. I could not imagine playing with that constant pressure and the feeling of living under a microscope.
I really hope McDavid does not end up in Toronto this summer. He would be expected to single handedly save that franchise. I would hate to see those expectations placed on such a young player and end up ruining him.

TR-USA wrote:I can't foresee a situation in which Stamkos leaves Tampa but stranger things have happened.
As far as playing in Toronto. I don't understand why players would want to. The environment is toxic there, the media is unrelenting, and the fans are brutal.

I was in Canada for the last World Juniors held there. The way the media talked about and scrutinized those kids was unbelievable. I could not imagine playing with that constant pressure and the feeling of living under a microscope.
I really hope McDavid does not end up in Toronto this summer. He would be expected to single handedly save that franchise. I would hate to see those expectations placed on such a young player and end up ruining him.
No worries, McAwesome is going to Buffalo.

Battra wrote:
TR-USA wrote:I can't foresee a situation in which Stamkos leaves Tampa but stranger things have happened.

No worries, McAwesome is going to Buffalo.
I hope you are right. Buffalo has done well over the past few years and has some very good prospects in the pipeline as well as a ton of draft picks. If the end up with McDavid they will be a very dangerous team 3-4 years from now.

Every non-playoff team is in the lottery for him though, and they all can move up to #1 this time. Scary thought where he might end up. Granted the odds are slim for all but the bottom few teams, but still.

Imagine... Kings miss the playoffs... ping-pong ball drops... First overall to LA. It could happen. :shock:

I hope McDavid lands in Buffalo...he basically finishes off a fantastic rebuild for them. They are going to be a force in the east in a just a few years. They are stacked like nobody else when it comes to talent in the cupboard.....it's borderline disgusting. :P
If the Sabres don't win the lottery, I hope the Flyers do. I just don't want to see McDavid in Edmonton, Carolina, or Phoenix.
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders how much on the up and up this lottery will actually be. McDavid heading to Phoenix or Florida would do wonders for the number of bidders that may be looking to relocate one of those teams whether to Seattle or Canada.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote:I hope McDavid lands in Buffalo...he basically finishes off a fantastic rebuild for them. They are going to be a force in the east in a just a few years. They are stacked like nobody else when it comes to talent in the cupboard.....it's borderline disgusting. :P
If the Sabres don't win the lottery, I hope the Flyers do. I just don't want to see McDavid in Edmonton, Carolina, or Phoenix.
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders how much on the up and up this lottery will actually be. McDavid heading to Phoenix or Florida would do wonders for the number of bidders that may be looking to relocate one of those teams whether to Seattle or Canada.

I could definitely see that happening with Bettman at the helm.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:I hope McDavid lands in Buffalo...he basically finishes off a fantastic rebuild for them. They are going to be a force in the east in a just a few years. They are stacked like nobody else when it comes to talent in the cupboard.....it's borderline disgusting. :P

I could definitely see that happening with Bettman at the helm.
I think Bettman will die trying to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix. McDavid going there would help him double down. I do think the Panthers will eventually move. There just isn't enough need for two teams in that state.

NHLTIM wrote:Good read here about Stamkos. I don't see anyway he thinks about bolting(no pun intended) for the Leafs in2016 at this point. Tampa is a good market with great fans and he's one guy that needs to stay in that market.
I expect Yzerman to lock him up long term later this summer.
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bolts-b ... -20150308/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Current Temp is 86.

It is 48 in Toronto this morning, but come on.

That would be all I need to know:)

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:Chance of picking 1st overall as of 03/08/15:
BUF 19.4
EDM 13.5
ARI 12.0
TOR 8.7
CBJ 8.3
CAR 7.6
NJD 6.7
COL 4.4
PHI 4.3
DAL 3.9
FLA 3.1
SJS 2.8
OTT 2.4
CGY 1.2
I so hope that Edmonton doesn't get the chance of ruining another high draft pick