GDT: Blues vs Blackhawks 7PM NBCSN

[youtube][/youtube]

Blackhawks' Hossa could return vs. Blues
Forward has missed eight games with lower-body injury
by Louie Korac / NHL.com Correspondent
March 8th, 2016 SHARE

BLACKHAWKS (41-21-5) at BLUES (38-20-9)

TV: 8 p.m. ET; NBCSN, TVA Sports

Season series: The Chicago Blackhawks won two of three games against the St. Louis Blues, including most recently 2-0 in Chicago on Jan. 24 behind a 25-save shutout from Corey Crawford. Despite Vladimir Tarasenko's two goals, the Blackhawks won 4-2 in St. Louis on Nov. 14. Tarasenko had the overtime goal and an assist in the Blues' 6-5 win at Chicago on Nov. 4. Alexander Steen scored twice for the Blues and Brent Seabrook had a goal and assist for the Blackhawks.

Blackhawks team scope: Forward Marian Hossa (lower body) could play after he practiced Tuesday on the top line with Jonathan Toews and Andrew Ladd. Hossa has missed the past eight games since being injured Feb. 13 against the Anaheim Ducks. "We're going to make sure [he's OK] in the morning but could play [Wednesday] night," coach Joel Quenneville said. "The line looked good today. Looks like there's some speed, some skill, some responsibility and three big guys that can all skate and move well together. Looking forward to seeing that line play and helping us out." Hossa has 10 goals and 28 points in 54 games this season. "I think anytime you get a player like that back it's a big boost to the group, so hopefully me, [Hossa] and [Toews] can find some chemistry and get things going pretty quick," Ladd said. Defenseman Duncan Keith didn't practice Tuesday but Quenneville said Keith is fine. Crawford will start.

Blues team scope: St. Louis is two points behind the Blackhawks in the Central Division. The Blues, who have won three in a row, have 85 points and are 9-3-1 their past 13 games. "We've put ourselves in a position to pass them," defenseman Alex Pietrangelo said. "For us going into [Wednesday], we're trying to clinch this division. It's a big thing for us; it's one of the best divisions in sports. We have an opportunity to show what we're made of to Chicago and to the rest of the League. It's a good test for us and I'm sure it's a good test for them." Goalie Jake Allen will start. Steen (upper body) and goalie Brian Elliott (lower body) skated Tuesday with teammates for the first time since their respective injuries but neither will play. Both have been on the ice the past 4-5 days, coach Ken Hitchcock said.
Last edited by T.C. on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stickified

Re: GDT: Blues vs Blackhawks 7PM NBCSN

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote:The Blackhawks can go to hell. My blood runs a little hotter on days like this, and goes full boil at gametime when I realize that living in Chicago, I have to watch the Hawks local feed. LGB!
Be careful up there.
Thanks, I try to keep my head on a swivel. Talking pre-2009 hockey usually gets me out of any potential jams :) .
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:The Blackhawks can go to hell. My blood runs a little hotter on days like this, and goes full boil at gametime when I realize that living in Chicago, I have to watch the Hawks local feed. LGB!
We all do.

It's on Nbc
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote:
We all do.

It's on Nbc
Oh good, misery loves company :lol: .
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:
We all do.

It's on Nbc
Oh good, misery loves company :lol: .
It might as well be the Hawk's local feed.