GDT: Stars @ Blues, 7pm

The lineup features forwards Alexander Steen, Paul Stastny, Vladimir Tarasenko, Jordan Caron, Jaden Schwartz, Dmitrij Jaskin, Magnus Paajarvi, Pat Cannone, Ty Rattie, Jeremy Welsh, Eriah Hayes and Veilleux; the defensemen will be Petteri Lindbohm, Alex Pietrangelo, Joel Edmundson, Kevin Shattenkirk, Andre Benoit and Colton Parayko; goalies are Brian Elliott and Jordan Binnington.

Re: GDT: Stars @ Blues, 7pm

I was all primed and ready a few minutes before game time, and I accidentally FELL ASLEEP!!! I woke up a couple of minutes ago, and to my great surprise, the game is almost over and The Blues are leading 5-0!!! :D

If you know of a TV stream that works, please PM me. Thanks.

Robb
Last edited by Robb_K on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6-0 win. Nice, even if it is just pre-season. Heard Jaskin and Edmundson were looking really good, Rattie too, from a friend at the game. I'm really finally getting pumped for the season now, it's definitely hit me. I'm glad I can admit that here without getting told what an idiot I am for still following this team unlike some other forums... :D

I hope we can get a rundown from people who saw the game live, on how each Blues player played.

We'd guess that Tarasenko, Stastny, Shattenkirk, Rattie, Lindbohm, Edmondson Jaskin and Elliott all played well. I'd like to know ithe details. It was nice to read that Jaskin looks FAST and smooth-skating, and that his skating has drastically improved. That's great news for The Blues having 3 solid scoring lines, and that Jaskin will probably land in The Top 6.

Went last night to the game. Here are some thoughts.

Most of the Dallas team I didn't recognize or ever heard of.

The blues PP looked patient, and they constantly tried to setup the backdoor pass.

Parakyo skates really well for how big he is. Also I really wanted to see him bomb one, but his stick snapped on a prime one timer from the point. He will see minutes this season.

Steen, Stastny and Tarasenko just flat out dominated when they really wanted to.

Elliott was solid, but Dallas didn't test him too much.

Dallas got some unlucky bounces, but you could also say the blues just wanted it more especially with loose pucks and rebounds around the net.

Welsh on the blues had some good shifts and some nice hits.

Benoit is small, but when next to Parakyo it was almost comical.

Jaskin played well, imo. He had good vision, and he setup Stastny nicely on a goal with a pass that he subtely sold as a shot to Dallas.

Overall Blues looked good in this preseason game. Not much to nitpick.

Agree with what others have said. Parayko is hard to miss. I was impressed with his stop and go ability for as big as he is. Seems to be heady as well. Of all the things I like about him there was one play where blues lost possession in the Dallas zone a with a player in between him and the puck carrier, with his rediculously long reach, stopped on a dime and poked the puck away to prevent Dallas from starting the rush with blues on their heals.
Edmunson looks built like a bull and sound in his own end.
The guy I wanted to see the most from was paajarvi and he just kinda looked meh still. Had to look for him to see him for the most part.