Bill Armstrong interview

Wednesday evening, I heard most of Andy Strickland's interview with Bill Armstrong, about the prospects. I'll try to write what I can recall

Parayko - said he is a presence. When drafted they foresaw a number 5 deman, maybe even a number four. Now he has exceeded all their expectations and looks to have a much higher ceiling. Said no reason to rush him or hold him back. If he's ready, he'll make the team, but there is a certain maturation that needs to take place as well. They will do what is best for his complete development. Also said hos shot is a BOMB. Ne coach said it's the hardest shot he has ever seen PERIOD.

Fabbri - looks very dominant, tenacious, and impressive. Made a difference every time he was on the ice.

Dunn - really high on him. Hitch loovves his game.

Will write more later if I can.

Re: Bill Armstrong interview

This is nice to read, as scouts are careful not to overhype their discoveries, so they can avoid accidebtally giving them a "swelled head" and potentially ruining their work ethic, or themselves looking bad if the player doesn't live up to expectations. So, if armstrong is this high on him, already, he's already that good.

Stlweir wrote:Dunn, so skilled, fast and quick. Also small. Could make it as a forward possibly if he doesn't make it on D. Possibly a more skilled Russell.
Dunn is going to our #1 LHD for many years...he's that good.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Stlweir wrote:Dunn, so skilled, fast and quick. Also small. Could make it as a forward possibly if he doesn't make it on D. Possibly a more skilled Russell.
He's not that small, as I suspect he'll be 6'0" at 200lbs when he breaks into the league, so basically a very skilled and mobile Jackman, and he's developed a bit of a mean streak like Jackman as well.

I agree with Tim, this kid is a keeper. Actually, if Bomber (Lindbohm) solidifies the #4 slot this season, I could see Dunn getting a real chance to skate as the #6 next season. He's just WAY better than anything we have in the system on the left side.

I don't think he'll end up so "small". He should get up to 195 or so, at 5:11 1/2. That's adequate enough for a player with his skating ability. He also is progressing well in the defensive zone. I don't see him as a one-dimensional offensive D-man. He should become a quality 2nd-pairing leader (#3). Vanelli is a lot more likely to end up as a one-dimensional defenceman. And, even HE is progressing with his D-zone development.