Re: Oshie and...

I would, but only if we could trade Gunnarsson for a 2nd round pick or a similar prospect. Otherwise, there's no purpose to the trade. Lindbohm has earned his spot, IMO.

Edit: I actually don't know enough about Gelinas to say yes or no. Is he any better than Gunnarsson? If not, then I don't see the point to the trade. One Devils fan said that Gelinas was a train wreck in the d-zone last year. It seems like Oshie has more value than this.

Turk Sanderson wrote:Oshie and #56 to New Jersey for Eric Gelinas and #36 ....Devils get a RW that they need We get a young RFA left shooting bomber, who can work on the power play as well. Would ya??? Would they???
I don't think that deal would interest me, but Oshie will be going somewhere.
Nick

Oshie is worth more than this. I know we are all down on him after failing in the playoffs again, but he does have some value. He's a 50-60 point guy who plays defense and will win teams games in the shootout.

I'm still of the mind we can package him for a center (for me I'm hoping for RNH) and move Backes to the RW spot Oshie was once occupying. If they decide to completely dismantle the core and move Backes then thats fine too.

If just Oshie is moved, you can roll with:

Steen-new center-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Stastny-Jaskin/Rattie
Berglund-Lehtera-Backes

However, I'd like to see them both moved (or move Berglund instead of Backes)

Steen-new center-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Stastny-Fabbri
Berglund-Lehtera-Jaskin/Rattie

I think we need a new look and some youth up front personally-we probably won't be as good this year but it'll help in the long run.

As for the D, I think if you can move one of Gunnarsson or JBo for something we should be fine. Subtracting one of them (and Jackman) and replacing them with Lindbohm and Bortuzzo is addition by subtraction. I think we had the right players on D last year already-they just weren't playing/were inexperienced.

I think we're going to be disappointed in what Oshie actually returns. No one is trading a top center for him and lateral moves for another winger will most likely just yield a similar player. Unfortunately Oshie alone isn't going to get this team what it needs to get over the hump. I'm thinking more and more than Petro or Shatty is going to have to go in order to get the Blues what they need.

ratonmono wrote:I think we're going to be disappointed in what Oshie actually returns. No one is trading a top center for him and lateral moves for another winger will most likely just yield a similar player. Unfortunately Oshie alone isn't going to get this team what it needs to get over the hump. I'm thinking more and more than Petro or Shatty is going to have to go in order to get the Blues what they need.
Agreed Oshie alone won't get us a center, but Oshie + could. I think you can get a top 6 center without trading Petro or Shatty. I would definitely see if Pitt would bite for Petro, Oshie and Rattie in exchange for Malkin, but I don't think that would be enough. Who really knows though? It is all speculation at this point.

ratonmono wrote:I think we're going to be disappointed in what Oshie actually returns. No one is trading a top center for him and lateral moves for another winger will most likely just yield a similar player. Unfortunately Oshie alone isn't going to get this team what it needs to get over the hump. I'm thinking more and more than Petro or Shatty is going to have to go in order to get the Blues what they need.
I think Oshie+Elliott+Dman or D Prospect to Edmonton would land RNH

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
Considering Edmonton's needs I think that's a fair deal. They need defensively responsible Top 6 players. They need goaltending. They need D. They don't need more skill forwards.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
I doubt that. The Oilers are not moving RNH unless that d-man you're talking is Shattenkirk. This is why I'm suggesting we're going to be disappointed in what Oshie can actually return.

I'm still on board with making a big swap with Columbus. Oshie + Gunnarsson for Jenner or Atkinson plus Rychel and Calvert maybe? Maybe include Backes or Berglund to get another player out of them. I really like a lot of Columbus' young forwards.

Tfriede2 wrote:I would, but only if we could trade Gunnarsson for a 2nd round pick or a similar prospect. Otherwise, there's no purpose to the trade. Lindbohm has earned his spot, IMO.

Edit: I actually don't know enough about Gelinas to say yes or no. Is he any better than Gunnarsson? If not, then I don't see the point to the trade. One Devils fan said that Gelinas was a train wreck in the d-zone last year. It seems like Oshie has more value than this.
Would Gunner and #36 get you down to 16?