OT: Music Monday

We had a good thing over at Blues Talk with this thread...it may get lost over here due to how the OT section is set up, but we'll see:

Listening to some FooFighters Radio on Google Play this AM, but now switching over to OZZY: [youtube][/youtube]
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Re: OT: Music Monday

I am really into this album right now. I didn't catch it when it released but I thoroughly enjoyed their first album and this one doesn't disappoint at all. This song, if you can listen the whole way through, will shed some light on how diverse and just awesome they are. Most importantly, they never lose sight of what's most important, the METAL!

[youtube][/youtube]

rudy4u51 wrote:
Battra wrote:My current jam: http://glaciallymusical.blogspot.com/20 ... abyss.html

As seen in my sig at present.

It's a modern, Canadian band playing a colder variety of classic death metal.

I was very happy with it.

This morning I listened to a Japanese rock/metal/jpop band on the way in....review to be written this afternoon.
Digging Apophys so far. Just listened to the new single they put out today.
[youtube][/youtube]
Wait till you hear the one I'm listening to right now...

As I'm running late this week...it'll be published around 12:30pm.

CaptSMRT wrote:It is Wednesday
This is probably my fault. I was searching for a music thread before I created my own and found this one. I thought I'd just post in this one. Sorry to post on a friday last week. ha. I could make a brand new thread I suppose.

Battra wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:It is Wednesday
This is probably my fault. I was searching for a music thread before I created my own and found this one. I thought I'd just post in this one. Sorry to post on a friday last week. ha. I could make a brand new thread I suppose.
Well..

Read this anyway.

http://glaciallymusical.blogspot.com/20 ... by-mf.html

Love the review man. That single "Hall of Champions" is totally worth a listen. After hearing that, they sort of remind me of The Sword. Want to hear more!

Battra wrote:Thanks!

I'll have an interview with them posted on 4/14.

:D

I've branched out into interviews as well as reviews...I figure...why the fuck not?
That is awesome and I bet you are having a blast doing it. I"m going to start reading your site more. I've already started listening to a few new bands I had never heard of because of you. Thanks!

rudy4u51 wrote:

I've branched out into interviews as well as reviews...I figure...why the fuck not?
That is awesome and I bet you are having a blast doing it. I"m going to start reading your site more. I've already started listening to a few new bands I had never heard of because of you. Thanks!
It has been interesting that's for sure.

I really thank my ENG: 3XXX Reporting Teacher, Maria Altman, for my successes honestly. Her course taught me a lot about writing in the AP Style and more.

I started the site thinking it could be something that would have more appeal than slingers....so perhaps I could get some sort of ad revenue....so far I've not gotten a dime paid to me...haha....not enough clicks I think.

After some time, I started getting emails from PR companies, record labels, etc....saying would you please review our music?

Every week a new company starts sending me stuff.

Battra wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:

It has been interesting that's for sure.

I really thank my ENG: 3XXX Reporting Teacher, Maria Altman, for my successes honestly. Her course taught me a lot about writing in the AP Style and more.

I started the site thinking it could be something that would have more appeal than slingers....so perhaps I could get some sort of ad revenue....so far I've not gotten a dime paid to me...haha....not enough clicks I think.

After some time, I started getting emails from PR companies, record labels, etc....saying would you please review our music?

Every week a new company starts sending me stuff.
Getting paid is always nice. I'm sure you put in a lot of time and energy. That being said, being a music lover, getting the swag and early releases to write the reviews is pretty awesome in itself. Do you review on other sites? I get a lot of my music ideas and new bands from sputnikmusic. Some really good reviewers over there. I think the biggest thing for your site is exposure because if I had known about it the last several years I would have been reading the whole time.

rudy4u51 wrote: Getting paid is always nice. I'm sure you put in a lot of time and energy. That being said, being a music lover, getting the swag and early releases to write the reviews is pretty awesome in itself. Do you review on other sites? I get a lot of my music ideas and new bands from sputnikmusic. Some really good reviewers over there. I think the biggest thing for your site is exposure because if I had known about it the last several years I would have been reading the whole time.
Consider how little I purchase music and concert tix nowadays...and it's kind of like a payment...instead of getting money...I save money!

I feel kind of bad...because when people say have you checked out X band? I'm like no...no one sent me the promo. haha

I also have a collection of concert passes that's ever growing.

I write a little for PlaybackSTL, but not as much as I used to for them...I used to send them all of my interviews, but I decided to keep those on my own site instead of giving them away.

This past month I had an all time viewership. The moth previous, Feb, was actually the first downtick I had in readership in about a year...but I did 33% better the month after so...hey.

It's all about routine routine routine.

I post Mon>Tues>Wed>Fri.

3 albums and now one interview.

Battra wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote: Getting paid is always nice. I'm sure you put in a lot of time and energy. That being said, being a music lover, getting the swag and early releases to write the reviews is pretty awesome in itself. Do you review on other sites? I get a lot of my music ideas and new bands from sputnikmusic. Some really good reviewers over there. I think the biggest thing for your site is exposure because if I had known about it the last several years I would have been reading the whole time.
Consider how little I purchase music and concert tix nowadays...and it's kind of like a payment...instead of getting money...I save money!

I feel kind of bad...because when people say have you checked out X band? I'm like no...no one sent me the promo. haha

I also have a collection of concert passes that's ever growing.

I write a little for PlaybackSTL, but not as much as I used to for them...I used to send them all of my interviews, but I decided to keep those on my own site instead of giving them away.

This past month I had an all time viewership. The moth previous, Feb, was actually the first downtick I had in readership in about a year...but I did 33% better the month after so...hey.

It's all about routine routine routine.

I post Mon>Tues>Wed>Fri.

3 albums and now one interview.
I have some friends that would appreciate your site. I'll share it with them.
How is the STL music scene the last 10 years or so? Any good metal bands?