Re: GDT: Blues vs LA Kings - 630 3/13 - TV:TNT

BluesSK wrote: If the Blues make the playoffs they better run the other teams' goalie first because you know they'll be coming for our guy.
Can't believe they're only 6 points behind Vegas and they got 1 game left with them.
Vegas has been pretty pedestrian since January.
But the Blues are a nice team full of supporting cast players.
Trouble is they don't have anyone to support - ha
This team needs 1 or 2 elite players in it's lineup.
My hope is Dvorsky = Barkov Snuggerud = Pastrnak
We can dream right?

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:24 am
BluesSK wrote: If the Blues make the playoffs they better run the other teams' goalie first because you know they'll be coming for our guy.
Can't believe they're only 6 points behind Vegas and they got 1 game left with them.
Vegas has been pretty pedestrian since January.
But the Blues are a nice team full of supporting cast players.
Trouble is they don't have anyone to support - ha
This team needs 1 or 2 elite players in it's lineup.
My hope is Dvorsky = Barkov Snuggerud = Pastrnak
We can dream right?
I really hope Dvorsky and Snuggerud can push for spots in the lineup right out of camp next season.

It will give us some much needed depth.

i actually got to watch the last period of this game last night since it was streaming on Max for some reason.

obviously, the primary takeaway is that the jerseys are fucking awful.

secondarily, i liked kessel's game, from what i saw. what binner did last night was absolutely wild. when he's on fire, he's on fire. only thing that would have made it better was a goal, which he almost had an opportunity to go for. neighbors was all over the place again, which i like. i didn't mind what i saw of krug & kessel together. that tip-goal from below the goal line was one of the craziest demonstrations of physics i've seen in a long time. wild amount of skill there. i actually saw a couple of hits, too, which was surprising. that tripping call was ridiculous, looked like incidental contact to me on both parts, but whatever. with 300 refs on site, what else would you expect? no whistles for an extended period to start the 3rd was fantastic.

T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:42 am i actually got to watch the last period of this game last night since it was streaming on Max for some reason.

secondarily, i liked kessel's game, from what i saw. what binner did last night was absolutely wild. when he's on fire, he's on fire. only thing that would have made it better was a goal, which he almost had an opportunity to go for. neighbors was all over the place again, which i like. i didn't mind what i saw of krug & kessel together. that tip-goal from below the goal line was one of the craziest demonstrations of physics i've seen in a long time. wild amount of skill there. i actually saw a couple of hits, too, which was surprising. that tripping call was ridiculous, looked like incidental contact to me on both parts, but whatever. with 300 refs on site, what else would you expect? no whistles for an extended period to start the 3rd was fantastic.
Those colors are fucking awesome!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:51 pm
T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:42 am i actually got to watch the last period of this game last night since it was streaming on Max for some reason.

Those colors are fucking awesome!!!!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

I think Schenn on the top line is genius. It takes the sting out of “demoting” Schenner to Wing by placing him on the top line.
It forces Kyrou to have to meet his Captain’s eyes before , during, and after shifts. As Schenn will do some, if not most of the heavy lifting for that line, Kyrou must respect that effort and not betray it.
I frees up Buch - who has more playmaking in his pinkie than Schenn has in either arm-to become a decent 2C. Bolduc can swap once in a while to get a taste. That leaves Hayes is an unusual, but decent and fun to watch third line Center and boy did that line enjoy itself.
I like much of what Bannister is puzzling out.

RAFritchey wrote:
BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:46 pm Jake Neighbours and Toropchenko will be the leaders of this team in a few years. It won't be Thomas.
Neighbors perhaps, but I think Toropchenko will be too much "chaos on ice" (I mean that in a good way!) to be considered a 'leader.' Certainly an 'energy' player and fan-favorite, though!

Arnold calls him Neighbaaa

Just sayin