Re: Prospects Thread

USA won the finals game vs. Sweden 6-2. USA was tough to handle because of their speed on the rush, but they were tenacious in their checking in The Neutral Zone and on the forecheck, and on defence as well. They really earned this tournament championship. I was glad to see Lindstein and Stenberg, and Snuggeruud play well, and Dvorsky played well, (especially after their first few games) despite his team not meeting expectations. That makes me feel good about the help that'll be joining The Blues over the next few years.

RAFritchey wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:17 pm Do we have a final tally of how the Blues prospects have performed in this tourney? Games played, goals, assists, ice time, etc. for each of them?

Blues prospects tallied an NHL leading 44 points, 10 more than runner up Buffalo. Stenberg finished with 5 goals, four assists, for 9 points. Snuggeruud with 5 goals, 3 assists, for 8 points. Lindstein 2 goals 6 assists for 8 points. Stancl 4 goals, 2 assists, for 6 points. Dvorsky 3 goals, 3 assists for 6 points. Kaskimäki 2 goals, 2 assists, for 4 points. Pekarcik 1 goal 2 assists for 3 points.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 pm

I think we have a real sleeper pick in Lindstein. He came out of nowhere.

Stenberg reminds me of Alex Steen.
Yeah, all of his draft reports were just a not flashy, steady, stay at home d-man who may eventually develop enough of an offensive game. Well if the early returns are any indication, both in this WJC and his SHL season, he's figured out how to go forward, not just backwards on the ice. Very exciting prospect.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dvorsky is continuing to rip up the OHL. He's got 5 goals and 10 points in his last 5 games. He's second in the league in goals per game with 23 in 26 games. It's even more impressive when you consider how his season started and his first taste of NA Hockey. Blues seem to have a good one here.

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm How are Zach Dean and Zachary Bolduc doing? It seems like Dean is falling flat so far, but is still very young and could rebound, while Bolduc is developing OK, but still has a long ways to go.
They said on the radio just yesterday that Dean had been doing well learning to play a two way game. But it will take time and with Bolduc as well. Bolduc maybe even moreso.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Snuggerud with the slick blueline drag. This is the deadline acquisition that could help the Blues the most.

The pass was what was good. No wasted motion. Read the play from the beginning and knew what he wanted to do while finishing his move.
He was 2 steps ahead there. Good sign.

That’s a hell of a set up. Weird broadcast though - I hear the announcer talk about it for a minute, then there’s this high-pitched screeching in some rhythmic pattern, like it’s trying to mimic speech. Couldn’t deal with that all night.

Any thoughts on the Blues prospects? Or Dobber's evaluations in general? (I'm not sure what other good sites are left).

Anyone I've left off?

https://dobberprospects.com/player/jimmy-snuggerud/

https://dobberprospects.com/player/otto-stenberg/

https://dobberprospects.com/player/dalibor-dvorsky/

https://dobberprospects.com/player/zachary-bolduc/

https://dobberprospects.com/player/zach-dean/

https://dobberprospects.com/player/theo-lindstein/

https://dobberprospects.com/player/nikita-alexandrov/

By those ratings he has all 5 of those top forwards to be at or near PPG players. That would be a miracle but if three of them can be, the Blues are sitting pretty in a few years.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:22 pm
By those ratings he has all 5 of those top forwards to be at or near PPG players. That would be a miracle but if three of them can be, the Blues are sitting pretty in a few years.
The way I understand it, the 'NHL Certainty' is the likelihood that a player will stick in the NHL in SOME capacity, and the “Fantasy Upside” is the projected ceiling they have in terms of points if everything goes absolutely right for them.

Being primarily a 'fantasy' site, their ratings focus mostly on scoring (and other fantasy metrics to a lesser extent), but their commentary will often point out players that bring more to the ice than just points or PIMs.

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:22 pm
The way I understand it, the 'NHL Certainty' is the likelihood that a player will stick in the NHL in SOME capacity, and the “Fantasy Upside” is the projected ceiling they have in terms of points if everything goes absolutely right for them.

Being primarily a 'fantasy' site, their ratings focus mostly on scoring (and other fantasy metrics to a lesser extent), but their commentary will often point out players that bring more to the ice than just points or PIMs.
I was going off of this in the NHL Certainty section - Forwards Easy conversion – 8.0 for 80 points, 6.0 for 60 points, and so on.

He had all of them 7.5 to Dvorsky the highest at 8.5. So 75 to 85 points. That would be amazing! Especially for Dean and Bolduc and doesn't even include Neighbours. Gotta beef up that defense.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/ ... man-iginla

Top 32 draft rankings, March
1. Macklin Celebrini, F, Boston University (NCAA)
2. Ivan Demidov, F, SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)
3. Artyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State University (NCAA)
4. Cayden Lindstrom, F, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
5. Zayne Parekh, D, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
6. Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)
7. Berkly Catton, F, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
8. Cole Eiserman, F, United States U18 (NTDP)
9. Sam Dickinson D, London Knights (OHL)
10. Zeev Buium, D, University of Denver (NCAA)
11. Liam Greentree, F, Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
12. Konsta Helenius, F, Jukurit (Liiga)
13. Carter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
14. Tij Iginla, F, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
15. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (Hockey AllSvenskan)
16. Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Czechia)
17. Igor Chernyshov, F, Dynamo Moskva (MHL)
18. Michael Hage, F, Chicago Steel (USHL)
19. Trevor Connelly, F, Tri-City Storm (USHL)
20. Ryder Ritchie, F, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
21. Nikita Artamonov, F, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)
22. Miguel Marques, F, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)
23. Emil Hemming, F, TPS (Liiga)
24. Beckett Sennecke, F, Oshawa Generals (OHL)
25. Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
26. Sacha Boisvert, F, Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)
27. Terik Parascak, F, Prince George Cougars (WHL)
28. Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)
29. Charlie Elick, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
30. Maxim Massé, F, Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)
31. Henry Mews, D, Ottawa 67s (OHL)
32. Tanner Howe, F, Regina Pats (WHL)

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:48 pm https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/ ... man-iginla

Top 32 draft rankings, March
1. Macklin Celebrini, F, Boston University (NCAA)
2. Ivan Demidov, F, SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)
3. Artyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State University (NCAA)
4. Cayden Lindstrom, F, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
5. Zayne Parekh, D, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
6. Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)
7. Berkly Catton, F, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
8. Cole Eiserman, F, United States U18 (NTDP)
9. Sam Dickinson D, London Knights (OHL)
10. Zeev Buium, D, University of Denver (NCAA)
11. Liam Greentree, F, Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
12. Konsta Helenius, F, Jukurit (Liiga)
13. Carter Yakemchuk, D, Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
14. Tij Iginla, F, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
15. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, F, Mora IK (Hockey AllSvenskan)
16. Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Czechia)
17. Igor Chernyshov, F, Dynamo Moskva (MHL)
18. Michael Hage, F, Chicago Steel (USHL)
19. Trevor Connelly, F, Tri-City Storm (USHL)
20. Ryder Ritchie, F, Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
21. Nikita Artamonov, F, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)
22. Miguel Marques, F, Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)
23. Emil Hemming, F, TPS (Liiga)
24. Beckett Sennecke, F, Oshawa Generals (OHL)
25. Andrew Basha, F, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
26. Sacha Boisvert, F, Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)
27. Terik Parascak, F, Prince George Cougars (WHL)
28. Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga)
29. Charlie Elick, D, Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)
30. Maxim Massé, F, Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)
31. Henry Mews, D, Ottawa 67s (OHL)
32. Tanner Howe, F, Regina Pats (WHL)
I haven't seen this many Russians ranked that highly in... Forever?

Also, how can you not like Zeev Buium just for the name alone.

Jimmy Snuggeruud has notified The University of Minnesota that he'll be returning to play for their team next season. That's a big disappointment for me, especially as it raises the possibility of him reaching UFA status after that season, and an opportunity to sign with any NHL team.