Re: GDT: Blues vs Leafs - Nooner 2/19

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:22 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:54 pm Just when I allowed myself to buy back into these team they've gone and shit the bed two straight games. Sell Sell Sell.
Is it Scandella, Kapanen, Vrana?

I remember thinking Vrana would be our next perennial 30 goal guy. I don't know why. I remember thinking that about Chris Stewart too.

Sejna anyone 👀
Stewart had back-to-back 28 goal seasons, his second and third years in the NHL. While with the Blues, he averaged a pro-rated 24.5 goals per 82 games. But it always seemed like his goals came in spurts, and usually against weaker teams rather than in important games or against tougher opponents. He always left you thinking he was about to take the 'next step' and become that 30+ goal scorer who could elevate his game, but instead he just left you wanting more. He hung on in the league for another six seasons after leaving the Blues, but was never really the factor he could have been.

Vrana also has averaged 24.6 goals per 82 games throughout his career so far. He's always seemed so close to becoming a 30+ goal scorer, sometimes at a 40+ goal pace in partial seasons. He just doesn't seem to put it all together. He turns 28 this month, so I doubt he's going to break through as a top-line scoring threat, but he could still be a middle-six scoring guy. I just don't think he'll do that here.

Sejna only ever played 49 NHL games, so... yeah, can't argue with you there.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:54 pm Just when I allowed myself to buy back into these team they've gone and shit the bed two straight games. Sell Sell Sell.
Let’s see what develops from here. Blues just don’t match up well with Leafs at all. And I didn’t like Nashville losing 9-2 before their game against the Blues. You could see that one coming. We kicked Edmontons ass the other night so let’s see if this is just a bump in the road.

BillP wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:19 pm
Let’s see what develops from here. Blues just don’t match up well with Leafs at all. And I didn’t like Nashville losing 9-2 before their game against the Blues. You could see that one coming. We kicked Edmontons ass the other night so let’s see if this is just a bump in the road.
The Preds had given up at least 4 goals in six straight games before the Blues game. It was a bad bad loss.
Just a Russian propaganda account

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:45 pm

I remember thinking Vrana would be our next perennial 30 goal guy. I don't know why. I remember thinking that about Chris Stewart too.

Sejna anyone 👀
Stewart had back-to-back 28 goal seasons, his second and third years in the NHL. While with the Blues, he averaged a pro-rated 24.5 goals per 82 games. But it always seemed like his goals came in spurts, and usually against weaker teams rather than in important games or against tougher opponents. He always left you thinking he was about to take the 'next step' and become that 30+ goal scorer who could elevate his game, but instead he just left you wanting more. He hung on in the league for another six seasons after leaving the Blues, but was never really the factor he could have been.

Vrana also has averaged 24.6 goals per 82 games throughout his career so far. He's always seemed so close to becoming a 30+ goal scorer, sometimes at a 40+ goal pace in partial seasons. He just doesn't seem to put it all together. He turns 28 this month, so I doubt he's going to break through as a top-line scoring threat, but he could still be a middle-six scoring guy. I just don't think he'll do that here.

You never felt the heat of Hobey Baker winning, Patrick Roy beating 2003 Peter Sejna, and that's fair.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:19 am
RAFritchey wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:45 pm

Sejna anyone 👀

You never felt the heat of Hobey Baker winning, Patrick Roy beating 2003 Peter Sejna, and that's fair.
Peter Sejna's claim to fame; The last player to ever score on Patrick Roy.

I remember listening to the game on the radio in the tractor.