Re: Capitals vs. Blues, Jan 20, 2024

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:09 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:35 am
T.C. wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:47 amMy son is now 1-0 in games attended this season. While he was hoping to see The Great 8 score one more time, nice to see a rare (this season) shutout. I’d also like to point out that this would have been a pretty great suite night, but oh well.
I wasn't going to say anything!!!
Let it go, boys. "Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, 'It might have been.'" -- Kurt Vonnegut
"Hey, who ate all my cheese?"

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:54 pm Watching Ovechkin shoot that limp noodle at Binnington was kind of painful. I really hope he gets up on that horse next season... but it doesn't look good.
I think he's gonna be 42 before he gets the record . If he gets there. He's signed for two more season and will be 39 the start of next season.

He doesn't have Backstrom and there's a lot of age on that team. If they get a playmaker he could do it a lot quicker.

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:17 am
Robb_K wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:55 pmNice win by The Blues to make up for their loss to The Caps at Washington. ... I guess this season will be a roller coaster ride.
If I didn't know better, Robb, I'd be guessin' you sneaked on to this ride at the halfway point of the track. :?
I'm not sure I get the logic of your point. I just meant that I expect the rest of this season to be something like the last 4-5 games, one decently-played game by The Blues followed by a badly-played one, followed by another decent one, and then another bad one. I'm just going by how they've been playing for Bannister. I remember only too well, how poorly they played for Berube after they gave up caring (giving full effort). I hope Snuggeruud joins the team after his college season finishes.

Robb_K wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:56 am
Robb_K wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:55 pmNice win by The Blues to make up for their loss to The Caps at Washington. ... I guess this season will be a roller coaster ride.
If I didn't know better, Robb, I'd be guessin' you sneaked on to this ride at the halfway point of the track. :?
I'm not sure I get the logic of your point. I just meant that I expect the rest of this season to be something like the last 4-5 games, one decently-played game by The Blues followed by a badly-played one, followed by another decent one, and then another bad one. I'm just going by how they've been playing for Bannister. I remember only too well, how poorly they played for Berube after they gave up caring (giving full effort). I hope Snuggeruud joins the team after his college season finishes.
POINT: The 2023-24 season was clearly a roller coaster ride for the Blues long before "something like the last 4-5 games." To wit: Sept 2023 = W-W-L-L ... October 2023 = L-W-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L ... November 2023 = L-W-W-L-W-W-W-L-L-W-W-L-W-L-W ... December 2023 = L-W-L-L-L-L-W-W-L-W-W-W-L-L ... I'll leave their January 2024 record for your car to ride & feel nauseous ... :?

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:56 am
POINT: The 2023-24 season was clearly a roller coaster ride for the Blues long before "something like the last 4-5 games." To wit: Sept 2023 = W-W-L-L ... October 2023 = L-W-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L ... November 2023 = L-W-W-L-W-W-W-L-L-W-W-L-W-L-W ... December 2023 = L-W-L-L-L-L-W-W-L-W-W-W-L-L ... I'll leave their January 2024 record for your car to ride & feel nauseous ... :?
I like roller coasters!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:56 am
THAT was my point - that this whole season will probably be a roller coaster (except the month or 2 after the team gave up on trying hard for Berube).