Re: Bruins at Blues Sat, Jan 13, 24

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:42 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:14 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:24 am

No way... a few mistakes slipping through is normal for any normal distribution. Trying to master mind a few missed calls out of games by giving the league more oversight sounds like it would create more problems than it fixes.
The replay showed that he hooked him twice… first his right foot and then his left foot, with a zebra looking right at the play. That going unpunished is total bullshit, especially when it directly affects to he outcome of the game. At the bare minimum, the league should issue a statement that even though they can’t fix the fuck-up, there was one… If a coach can question off-sides, and they take a goal off the scorecard, then a coach should be able to question a blatant trip when it leads to a GWG … there’s more officials on the ice than they need anyway… maybe go back to one ref, but make shit like that reviewable.
Nobody likes the offsides review unless it goes their way. Look how wrong the league everything? If total over sight is what you want.. why bother having refs... let the league call the games from Toronto.
I'm not asking to add 100 reviews to each game, only to allow such reviews on plays in which a goal is scored.

Robb_K wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:58 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:14 pm
The replay showed that he hooked him twice… first his right foot and then his left foot, with a zebra looking right at the play. That going unpunished is total bullshit, especially when it directly affects to he outcome of the game. At the bare minimum, the league should issue a statement that even though they can’t fix the fuck-up, there was one… If a coach can question off-sides, and they take a goal off the scorecard, then a coach should be able to question a blatant trip when it leads to a GWG … there’s more officials on the ice than they need anyway… maybe go back to one ref, but make shit like that reviewable.
Nobody likes the offsides review unless it goes their way. Look how wrong the league everything? If total over sight is what you want.. why bother having refs... let the league call the games from Toronto.
I'm not asking to add 100 reviews to each game, only to allow such reviews on plays in which a goal is scored.
In theory... I am all for that. Given the leagues history of totally not understand the game of hockey... makes me less than optimistic.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:38 pm
Robb_K wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:58 pm

In theory... I am all for that. Given the leagues history of totally not understand the game of hockey... makes me less than optimistic.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:14 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:08 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:39 pm I see Blues fans are crying on twitter about no call on trip on the gwg . I think we’re still way ahead of the Bruins when it comes to no calls on tripping vs each other.
I hope that your position on the non-call in tonight's game isn't based on a non-call in in a playoff game in 2019.
My position is that I'm not going to be mad about it. We won in that trade. Now we're back to even.
I don't understand, you mean the time in Game 5 that future Blues great Noel Acciari took the world's most convincing dive, but the astute referee didn't buy it? ;)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:10 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:14 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:08 am

I hope that your position on the non-call in tonight's game isn't based on a non-call in in a playoff game in 2019.
My position is that I'm not going to be mad about it. We won in that trade. Now we're back to even.
I don't understand, you mean the time in Game 5 that future Blues great Noel Acciari took the world's most convincing dive, but the astute referee didn't buy it? ;)
lol exactly.
Just a Russian propaganda account