Re: News and Games around the NHL

T.C. wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:19 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:37 pm I am unsure how Larkin went out cold and laid like a dead body on the ice from the hit, but either way Perron gets a 6 game suspension for cross checking in retaliation.

I get DP wanting to do something, but x-checking the guy that’s calling for medical attention just because he’s standing near the body is pretty dumb. Still, if i’m a wings fan, i’d take it. Of course, i wouldn’t be alive once I realized I was a wings fan, so this is irrelevant.
I think part of the big problem for Perron was that he went after a guy that had absolutely nothing to do with the Larkin injury. There were two guys on either side of Larkin when he went down, one of which got him with a crosscheck to the head (not sure why he got off without a hearing, but I digress). Zub wasn't either of those two guys.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I saw a headline " Bruce Boudreau is a head coach again" and my heart sank thinking we signed him.

Dude couldnt get prime ovy passed the 2nd rd, bc he's not that good of a coach, and 2 years after they relieve him of his duties - the caps win the cup.

Army, you've made a LOT of bone-headed decisions over the years....steer clear of this perrenial failure!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:28 am I saw a headline " Bruce Boudreau is a head coach again" and my heart sank thinking we signed him.

Dude couldnt get prime ovy passed the 2nd rd, bc he's not that good of a coach, and 2 years after they relieve him of his duties - the caps win the cup.

Army, you've made a LOT of bone-headed decisions over the years....steer clear of this perrenial failure!
Yeah, I hope Army doesn't go retread with it. Really the only former coach I'd be interested in is Jay Woodcroft. Took the Oilers to the Conf finals then became the scapegoat.
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:42 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:56 am I don’t know why this is so funny to me.

Wtf?? How out of it was he? And really, how is no one on the opposing team asking him what the fuck he’s doing, getting him out of their march to the room? Are they all high? That’s super weird.
So the story was he had a nasty cut under his eye and was told to head to the Stars docs.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:16 pm
T.C. wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:42 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:56 am I don’t know why this is so funny to me.

Wtf?? How out of it was he? And really, how is no one on the opposing team asking him what the fuck he’s doing, getting him out of their march to the room? Are they all high? That’s super weird.
So the story was he had a nasty cut under his eye and was told to head to the Stars docs.
Ah, well this makes way more sense. Thank you!